Led lights - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2015, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Led lights

Thinking about changing over to led lights on my combine. Any recommendations on what to look for when I buy them such as how many watts etc...?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-14-2015, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would be less concerned about watts or amps with leds,the lumens and color temperature are the most important considerations.There are a lot of leds lights out that may use older led chips that don't put out as much light per watt as the new ones do.5000 K is considered noon day sun. A higher number is a whiter light but may not help you see farther.Quality lights also come in spot and flood types,so you need to know what you need from your lights.I only have used Baha Designs lights on my combines.They are one of the top used led lights in the Baha 500 desert race.They are not cheap but quality never seems to be.Some of their 4 led lights out shine much bigger light bars.Take time to watch a few YouTube videos on offroad light comparisons.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 03:44 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I use these for more local lighting: ebay - 18w spots

and I would get something like this for lighting up everything in front of you or behind: ebay - 288w curved bar 50"

These bars are plenty bright and cannot be beat in price. You dont even need the 50", they offer all different sizes. would stick with cree leds unless you wanted to shine far, then I would try osram. they have more of a projector lens and can get some real distance out of them. a little more expensive, but not bad. I dont really believe in spending 3-7x the amount for something just to get a better warranty when its something that can be replaced with 2 bolts and 2 wires.
marshall likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
im not sure what combine you have but tiger lights has direct replacement ones for several combines
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:00 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Check out Larsen lights. They have LED bulbs and lights and they are reasonably priced and Kenny uses the products they sell and is very helpful.
redgreen and Windmillfarms like this.

When life gives you lemons
Break out the Tequila
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remoth View Post
I use these for more local lighting: ebay - 18w spots

and I would get something like this for lighting up everything in front of you or behind: ebay - 288w curved bar 50"

These bars are plenty bright and cannot be beat in price. You dont even need the 50", they offer all different sizes. would stick with cree leds unless you wanted to shine far, then I would try osram. they have more of a projector lens and can get some real distance out of them. a little more expensive, but not bad. I dont really believe in spending 3-7x the amount for something just to get a better warranty when its something that can be replaced with 2 bolts and 2 wires.

How are these for quality? Do they light up a field like the daytime? Want build a light bar for the combine and 4wd. Looked at a few at agritrade but they wanted $1200 for 2 flood lights and a 30" led bar mounted on a alum frame.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Check out rigid industries. I have a couple sets of their d2 lights they have everything from little lights to big lights bars
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:12 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9520deere View Post
How are these for quality? Do they light up a field like the daytime? Want build a light bar for the combine and 4wd. Looked at a few at agritrade but they wanted $1200 for 2 flood lights and a 30" led bar mounted on a alum frame.
I put a 30" curved LED lightbar on our skidsteer that i bought on eBay and i've been happy with it. Its super bright for moving snow. I don't know how to put a video on a post so i'll just add the link.

http://vid778.photobucket.com/albums...psgwdhrpar.mp4
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 191 Post(s)
For us Canadians I have been buying from Montrealimport.com for a few years , very good quality and great service and at least competitive if not cheaper price . You can order online and they ship by mail very quickly . I have been very happy with my dealings and product
chance2 likes this.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 06:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like to use Hykolity lights. Hykolity LED Lighting for commercial and Industrial projects. High quality lighting fixtures and Outdoor Downlights at discounted prices.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page