Discharger beater in 9230 - Page 2 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:24 PM
rod

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustieme View Post
Yes, the perforated floor is installed, in my previous 8120 I had covered it with good results, so from what I see I should do the same in the 9230 ...
Regarding the curtains, he had never seen them, nobody knows them here. I would have a photo to see how they are installed in the combine to really realize how they are placed?
What do you think about getting some blades to my chopper to achieve less chopped straw?
Thanks for the tips!
The rear curtains are fitted standard in Ď50 series machines & .90 series NH.
I made my first set out of old Honeybee draper mats, but now have them made in a shop ..... see picture.

The curtains - one either side - fit underneath the rear finger grate & face towards the front of the machine, just rubbing on the bottom floor.
Itís easier just to pull both top sieves out of the machine. Clean all the side rails & sieve frames to remove build up chaff/grains etc. While the top are out, clean the bottom sieves & check that they open evenly - from side to side - & then calibrate the bottom sieves as per instructions in the operators manual & the screen. 6mm is the calibration.
On the top sieves, remove the rear top finger grate from the back of the top sieve. Thereís about six 10mm head nuts & bolts here.
Fit the rear curtain between bottom of sieve frame (where the rear finger grate was) & then refit rear finger grate using existing bolts & nuts. All your doing is fitting the rear curtains between the finger grate & sieve frame.
Check that the sieve linkage can move full directions either way through the square holes of the curtains. You may need to just trim the curtain square holes so there is no obstructions.
Refit the top sieves but be careful of the curtains when fitting. Make sure the curtains donít catch anywhere on the linkages or have side pressure on them from pushing too hard against the machine side walls. Trim the curtains if required so they stay straight & not curl on the sides.
Check top sieve for calibration etc. just the same as the you did on the bottom sieves.
Make sure you close & latch the rear access door on the sieve box.
If I can post a video of what they look like installed on this site Iíll do it. Otherwise PM me your email & Iíll just email it.
The curtains make a lot of difference in cereals, canola, pulses etc. Youíll find you can open your sieves more & get a very clean sample. The curtains make the air go through the sieves instead of finding the easiest path out the machine.
Also, have you checked the ďlevel & centreĒ of the concaves to the rotor? This is absolutely vital to get this right.
Taking some of the chopping blades off ???? ...... I'd be careful doing that. You may take it back to a 24 blade ....... BUT ...... you'll need something to cover the mounting lugs & bolt holes of the ones you took off. I'd fill that perforated floor in first & fit the curtains, then see how it goes.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 720C9022-E096-4C50-9811-46C7D915C8DB.jpeg (2.32 MB, 37 views)

Last edited by rod; 04-25-2019 at 06:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I understand, and I think I know how they are placed. As I said earlier here the dealers are not even aware that there are such curtains. Send an email ...

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 07:10 PM
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustieme View Post
I understand, and I think I know how they are placed. As I said earlier here the dealers are not even aware that there are such curtains. Send an email ...
........ your dealer is not the only one who knows nothing about these! But they're in the parts listing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Not only m dealer, but also CIH people know nothing about it ...
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 04:59 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
I’m not sure we’re talking about the same thing ....... but here goes.
When you run the chopper in low speed, obviously you have to drop the knives down. I presume you have the front on beater floor blocked off with a bolted in plate. This covers the perforated floor area ..... after the rotor ..... before the chopper/ discharge beater....... to stop excess chaff/straw falling onto the cleaning system.

The chopper via the rotor, nearly always discharges on the RHS of the machine. It’s just a fact of life & the nature of material flow through the rotor.
To move that flow of crop material to more of the centre of the straw/chaff spreaders, install a deflector on the RHS ..... see picture.
Not sure what you mean by excess loading on the cleaning system & higher losses after disengaging the chopper.
Case put a deflector once they came out with the magnacut chopper between the rotor and chopper to make it feed the chopper more in the center. Our 8120 has it with an adjusting handle by the tailings processor. Think most new combines are in cab adjustable. Not sure if it only came with the magnacut or if it was standard equipment though.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 06:47 PM
rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfarm View Post
Case put a deflector once they came out with the magnacut chopper between the rotor and chopper to make it feed the chopper more in the center. Our 8120 has it with an adjusting handle by the tailings processor. Think most new combines are in cab adjustable. Not sure if it only came with the magnacut or if it was standard equipment though.
I believe you're right ...... but I thought I'd try the cheap version.

If it didn't work ....... it's scrap heap bound!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page