• 1 Post By Thrasher12
  • 1 Post By lanwickum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Steiger 9390 hydraulic flow from remote valves

04-26-2019 11:28 PM - permalinkThrasher12
I have a case 9390 Steiger and the hydraulic flow from each remote valve seems to vary a great deal.
All 4 remotes have the flow controls fully open. The flow control valves are turned fully anticlockwise with the roll pin against the valve casting.
All flow controls work and are free to turn.
Number 1 remote valve will only turn a hydraulic fan to 3700rpm
Number 3 remote valve will turn the same hydraulic fan to 5300rpm

To my knowledge no work has been carried out on the hydraulic system. Has anyone any ideas as to the problem? Is it possible for the flow control on the number 1 remote to be 180degrees out of position?

The tractor is new to me however it has been looked after and is in very good condition for 20years old and only 6000hrs!!

Thanks in advance for your help

John

RollingStone likes this.

Happy tinkering

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Likely just a hard or cracked o-ring in the valve block for the poor remote.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-28-2019, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 310 Post(s)
The couplers can be bad and not opening all the way on the tractor or implement side. I change a few every year. But, They usually flat out don't work.
Transaxial likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for this. We replaced the male probes on the hoses and it has helped with a raise lower fault on the seeding bar
👍🚜

Happy tinkering

John
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
The 9390 has a factory high flow hydraulic system. I believe remotes 1 and 3 are on completely separate hyd pumps. Your problem may be poor pump performance coming from the pump supplying remote #1. I will check the service manual for a hyd schematic, hopefully our 9380 manual covers the "90's"
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:57 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd843 View Post
The 9390 has a factory high flow hydraulic system. I believe remotes 1 and 3 are on completely separate hyd pumps. Your problem may be poor pump performance coming from the pump supplying remote #1. I will check the service manual for a hyd schematic, hopefully our 9380 manual covers the "90's"
I'm pretty sure you right about the remotes. I run into this problem on a customer tractors number of years ago. The ended up ding the hyd pump if I remember right it was just a gear pump that made it high flow.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 02:38 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for this I did not no about the high flow system on these tractors. A great help 👍

Happy tinkering

John
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkd843 View Post
I had a female coupler unscrew internally which caused the fan to run slower and slower as it unscrewed more. When I figured out the problem I just used some jic and orb fittings to bypass the Pioneer coupler to get going. I am agreeing with rkd and grain line on the two separate pumps idea. My 9280 did not have two pumps so I added a 31 gpm piston pump to run as fans. I always thought it was a great thing that Case did on those later models to have the two pumps from factory. IIRC one was a piston pump for cotinuous use on fans and the other was a open center gear pump good for lifting drill intermittently. If you are hooked up to the drill and running the engine try engaging the different levers to see or feel which hoses pressure up from which lever. You definitely want to be running the fans on the closed center pump. Also I think there was one lever, number one , that was designed for running fans on my 9280 before I added the new pump.Not sure what was different about that valve. Might have been that you hook up hoses so fan runs when you push number one lever forward to run, then to stop fan you push lever further forward into float so the fan can spin down slowly, not a dead stop. You could lock that no 1 lever in the run position so fan stayed running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page