3Likes
  • 1 Post By kevlar
  • 2 Post By jbcollier22

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
88 Series a/c high pressure switch

I have a cab off an 88 series combine that I'm retrofitting to another piece of equipment. I don't know the exact model number or serial number because this is a new old stock cab I found that had never been installed. Can someone point me to where the a/c high pressure switch may be? I see the low is right under the buddy seat, but I'm not finding the high. I'm removing a lot of the combine wiring to get only what I need and the wiring diagram shows the switch but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Justin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
I see you are new here, so you need to know you need to tell what kind of project you have in the works! Can't leave us in the dark! Pictures are best!!

adsinaus likes this.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
its near ac compressor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

If you're familiar with truck and tractor pulling this will be going on the sled that they pull down the track. I have a 1660 cab on it now but it has really bad rust and leaks water so it's a good time to upgrade. I attached a picture of it so you can see.
If the pressure switch is near the compressor that explains why I can't find it, it's not there since I only got the cab. I'll wire one in once the cab is placed.
A couple of other questions. I'm combine dumb to begin with so that's why I'm asking these. In the other pictures I attached shows a blower motor (under the buddy seat) and an opening about halfway up the cab on the right side. Are those the cab pressure blower and fresh air intake for the hvac system?
Justin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1500251839656.jpg (117.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20190429_165131.jpg (368.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg 20190429_165103.jpg (230.2 KB, 6 views)
adsinaus and kevlar like this.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 10:38 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
case has a pretty good online parts site with lots of diagrams/ descriptions it might help to answer some of your questions. just go to the site and search the model of combine
https://partstore.caseih.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Yes the blower sucks air from the other side of the cab . On the combine there would be a flex hose to a pleated filter which always seemed to get plugged just full of chaff right away . so all you need is a small air filter off a small engine like a Kubota . The fan should start running whenever the key is on but I can remember it running when the engine was running with the key off ( you have to manually shut the fuel off on a 2388 ) .
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys. I've never been around a combine before so anything dealing with them is all new to me. I'm headed in the right direction now I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page