The Combine Forum banner

pro 700 mapping

10K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  chowland 
#1 ·
as everybody who has run a pro 700 knows the mapping is a joke . Im wondering if somebody has added something just for mapping on a patriot 2018 4440 aim flex.

#4 ·
ok lets say your spraying a small field or part of a small field that you have to drive by hand the map is so small you hardly know where your going. I like the pro 700 otherwise. what I had in mind is leave everything on the pro 700 but install another display just for mapping like a trimble or anything that can run of the same recever.

#13 ·
Not a sprayer, but use it in a Case 500 for seeding and use AgOpenGPS on a 10" tablet for mapping, boundaries, and section control. Hope next year to do full machine control, auto headland, mapping, guidance, and graphic based VR. Position data comes from the 372 antenna. The tank is controlled by Control Flex III. AgOpenGPS will also be controlling the Flex III.

The Pro 700 will be doing what it does best, which is nothing. It's hard to believe a company so big with so many engineers could make such horrible useless software.

#5 · (Edited)
I think you would like a TopCon X30 for that. We run one alongside a Pro700 in a Quadtrac for the drill. It uses the same Case IH receiver. The TopCon has enough zoom in zoom out and angle of view options to be able to hand drive by the display if you need to. But hey, it doesn’t have a giant blue bar taking up 1/3 of your map frame to tell you your compass direction like the 700, if you’re prone to losing your sense of direction.

I’ve become a lot more dependant on good mapping than I’d like to admit, at one time I memorized a couple of hundred missed wet spots.
It’s nice to be able to count on a dumb machine to keep track of dumb stuff.

#7 ·
I agree with the PRO 700 mapping. Kind of ****ty. Went to a 4440 from a 4730 John Deere last year. Love the sprayer and don't mind the pro 700 but it seems to have its flaws. Im curious what guys do for a second headland pass? Do guys use Multi Swath or Field Swath for a second headland. The map does really suck to drive by freehand because its so small and because the little sprayer icon doesn't show the width of the sprayer on the screen. Hard to tell where to line up against free handing a second headland. Deere gps was great for that. My other question is I'm finding my acres added up are always high. I will get 165ac on a quarter than usually on seeds 155 or at most 160. Just wondering if there is something to recalibrate on that? Talked to my sales rep at Case and they just kind of said yeah the pro 700 can read on the high side for acres. Not big deal just kind of annoying that its out.

#8 ·
Our 4430 seems to be reading on the low side for acres. I was wondering if the radar needs to be re-calibrated. That's what the rate controller is using for speed and the acre counter is probably using that as well. I don't think the counted acres is based on anything in the GPS mapping system (except boundary acres). Also I noticed there's a way to change the acre count somewhere in the calibration area of the pro 700 if I'm not mistaken, but that might just be a per-field adjustment.

We farm circles, and a few squares/rectangles. We've always only ever done one headland pass on the sprayer, even on circles.

#9 ·
Have you guys tried switching to a larger map on your run screen? I think you can set a map that takes up almost the whole screen, you can also set up your monitor to work as a light bar if you want (just check your op manual). Granted we don’t have a sprayer but I have never had issue with out 700 or 600 units in tractors/combines. As for the acreage issue Critter, make sure you calibrate (distance and tire radius) and that all of your measurements/swath widths are correct, your dealer is a moron if they think it’s just a common issue.

#10 ·
Yeah thanks. Was going to try a distance calibration and see if that helped. Didn’t know about the tire radius one but will try that as well. Dealer is good to deal with just wasn’t much help in this situation. Measurements and swath widths seem to be good. There is a run screen that has the big map but I like having my map and all my sprayer settings (tank volume, rate, etc) on one screen. Just not sure how to set up that all on one screen with a larger map. Everything on farm is Deere gps except sprayer and find Deere screens very user friendly and simple. I’m just not used to pro 700’s to get them all set up properly. Maybe someone else is. Still love the sprayer itself. Has it’s odd flaws compared to my old 4730 but they are minor.

#11 ·
If all else fails try youtube, there are tons of videos out there on how to set stuff up on those screens, **** I just learned recently you can re-name the run screen tabs from Run 1, Run 2, etc to whatever you want. Watching videos and just going into the tool box and looking at all the different stuff avaliable to monitor is what I normally do, there are only about 1000 different functions you can monitor. I'm not sure how the sprayer monitors are set up 100% but I'm pretty sure you can change a few of the boxes on the very left hand column (in tractors it is usually engine power, slip, speed, fuel rate, and fuel volume).

#12 ·
I wish the Pro 700 would let you add more run screens.

I just learned recently that once you have a boundary defined, you can set up a "field" swath and it will automatically plot passes around the inside of the boundary. This is super handy for doing the two headland passes if that's what you need. Rather than relying on the coverage map, you can get it exact. With Centerpoint RTX or RTK, the boundary can be used for this purpose over and over again.

#15 · (Edited)
Do you know how to record a boundary? Once the boundary is recorded, then my understanding is you create a new swath of type "field" and it will contour your passes inside the outer boundary. I haven't tried it myself just yet so at the moment that's all I know. I haven't played with it yet because I need to get my RTK base station fixed somewhere permanently so that the boundaries can be re-used (so they won't move around from day to day).

#16 ·
Basically there is a button you can add to a run screen where you can record a boundary. You set if you want to use left, right, or center of the machine to record it. Once the boundary is done once then instead of selecting straight or heading etc for your GPS line you choose field. Sometimes it has issues with really tight corners but it does work.

My above experience is with a Pro 600.

#17 ·
I have an Ag Leader In Command in my Case sprayer as the only display. It does the mapping, auto swath, and rate control and I couldn’t be happier with it. I run the pro 700 in my combine and air drills and think the mapping is a joke compared to Ag Leader

#18 ·
Hope this will help here's how I setup my boundary and swaths. At the beginning of the field I go and create a new field swath on the swath record button and on the same run tab I have a boundary record button, I select that and pick which side to record the boundary from. Then I make my initial headland pass, it usually tells me that my outside round turns are too tight. There is a button you can add to the run screen that I believe is called swath select. There's 3 buttons that get added. The left button starts out as curved, I tap that and it gives me 2 more options in there, square and interior. I always go with square, this squares the corners and doesn't screw them up like the curved ones. By default this gives me 3 headland passes but the number of headland passes is adjustable, I think it's in the tools section under GPS, can't remember exactly. I then make my second headland pass and sometimes a third if there's fence or terraces in the way. Then when it's time to do the interior swaths I select interior on the swath select and it tries to automatically setup the A B lines to the longest part of the field. Sometimes the calculating stalls at 10% or I don't want to go the direction it wants me to so I tap the edit button and change my a and b points then it recalculates and fills the swaths. That actually works well as most of the time it fills the a b swaths perfectly and I don't wind up with a partial swath on both ends. You definitely want to do the boundary that's what allows you to get all the other info on the run screens to fill in i.e. Acres, gallons etc...

I really like the flexibility of the 700 screen. Once you learn how to set it up to what works best for you it's a great device.
Another thing I like is to add a map to the left screen area, that way I always have the map on there no matter which run tab I change to. I know the map is small but once the swaths are set up it works well.
If anyone is having problems with the acre counters definitely run a distance calibration I was told by our dealer at least 400 feet and to do it 3 or 4 times. Once I did that it helped a bunch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.