flotation in rain saturated wheat fields - Page 3 - The Combine Forum
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
as Kenmb said, lots of combines in our are in 08 when we were so wet were tripled. Worked pretty good, go over to the 4wd with triples, take the spacer and outside tire off, roll it over to the combine and put on.. We did not put larger tires on the rear, had 600s I believe, aways, after day one of seeing that triples helped but the back kept falling in, we dual the rear also, Make sure they go in between the fronts though. After the mud, we took everything off and put back on the 4wd and no big costs..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 05:00 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Most important thing if you don't have tracks is rear wheel assist. It pops you back up on top.
I would take a mudhog over duals any day of the week.

A small, light graincart with a big tractor on it is #2.

Another thing you can do is throw a smaller dual on the outside of the drives. Run it backwards to give you more reverse traction.

And leave a cable hooked up to the front axle with retention. Don't pull from the back axle unless it's barely stuck or you will rip the combine in half.

Oh and don't drop the header unless you've got a payloader capable enough to go back in and grab it. We made that mistake once in the loon **** and having to drag the header out along the ground sideways does not make for a happy flex head.

Transaxial likes this.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:09 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
wouldnt even want to be running a 40ft flex header without tracks no matter how dry it is. claas is the bestestest because you dont see a deere on tracks every year no matter the conditions because aftermarket tracks are a bandaid fix. should of seen kijiji in 2017 everyone wanted to get rid of the tracks they bought in 2016. headers are too heavy now days and duals are horrible in our gumbo clays tracks only option some years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 1223 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slashnburn2 View Post
Most important thing if you don't have tracks is rear wheel assist. It pops you back up on top.
I would take a mudhog over duals any day of the week.

A small, light graincart with a big tractor on it is #2.

Another thing you can do is throw a smaller dual on the outside of the drives. Run it backwards to give you more reverse traction.

And leave a cable hooked up to the front axle with retention. Don't pull from the back axle unless it's barely stuck or you will rip the combine in half.

Oh and don't drop the header unless you've got a payloader capable enough to go back in and grab it. We made that mistake once in the loon **** and having to drag the header out along the ground sideways does not make for a happy flex head.

Was whoever thought it was a good idea to unhook the header immediately taken out back and shot?!!!
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Dropped the Honey Bee off when stuck once. Ran slings under the knife up behind backside of header and hooked to area where casters are before unhooking header. Hooked tractor onto slings and pulled header forward a few hundred yards like a dream. Slings lifted the cutter bar up while pulling and the caster wheels carried the back side. One of those times when something in theory worked in actual practice.
Transaxial likes this.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:35 PM
rod

Quoted: 305 Post(s)
In my experience of many, many years of rice harvesting in wet conditions, tracks WITH 4WD is best. However, the tracks MUST BE at least 36” wide & the 4WD tyres need to be at least 26” wide. Had a Claas 780 help me in rice a few years ago but it had 24” tracks with 4WD .......... it was hopeless in the mud!
I run 620/75x42 R1 duals but let the pressure down to about 28psi. 710/65x26 R2 on the rear. 4WD is two speed so run it in low to gain power to those rear wheels to help push through.
I’ve never been stuck in rice with two machines setup like this.

I know some in this area have those really wide singles on their machines in rice in this area but they tend to push a big wide “roll of mud” in front of them. 900 R2’s were the favourites ...... & they can certainly dig! But in my mind, you want to float, not dig!

If you haven’t got a two speed 4WD with at least 710 tyres, do that. Also, as others have stated, fit a spaced single to your existing 900 tyre. They make a big difference. Aftermarket tracks is an expensive option ........ & you still require 4WD.
Choices to make ........
Transaxial likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page