2188 feederhouse slugging. - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-24-2019, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, just an update. I am hoping this is the problem. Called, a dealer and the shop foreman, sent us a photo of an installed chain on the beater/reverser from and... it is on wrong on our combine. I think this will get the chain more tension and help us run better. Let’s hope it’s that simple! As you can tell our set up is on wrong. If it’s that simple, I will feel like a dunce. Fingers crossed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 84E44536-2F1B-4571-B94C-8E2B1DDE1776_1561386210552.jpeg (1.57 MB, 13 views)
File Type: jpeg E7082238-49F9-4873-A934-124E20D88D4D_1561386232438.jpeg (2.28 MB, 13 views)
SWFarmService and CSchraefel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Think you found your problem. Atleast its a easy fix

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 09:36 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
I would suggest going to the smaller sprocket on the beater shaft like the photo shows - this will allow the slug to hopefully get torn apart by the beater and not plug . Also try running the chain pretty tight ( have the tensioner near the stop block and not near the loose end of the slot ) as when you have a jamb and the drive shuts off the momentum of the reverser flywheel will cause the chain to get loose until the tensioner hits the stop with a bang .
SWFarmService likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-26-2019, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2673 Post(s)
Smaller sprocket is a must have, if your not satisfied yet go buy a PFP rock beater.
Than if you have a 1010/20 cut the excess auger flighting off.

God Bless America
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2019, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi.Paul H.
I have a 2188 and had the same problem, living in Denmark often means damp conditions and the darn rockbeater would slug and rumble and sometimes straw would get around the axel up against the bearing and smoke the bearing in no time. Rock beater was OEM stock. Rebuild the darn thing, still same problem! Then I called my Case combine mechanic and he suggested to remove the rockbeater and as have few rocks I did so (used combine, came with rockbeater)
It was quite an easy job and all it tok was the new shorter belt and a difrent chain shielding house (shorter). And I never looked back, combine runs great now. So all I will say in this post is, YES it is possible to remove rockbeater.
Thanks and have a great harvest season to You and everyone ``overthere``
Egon
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-09-2019, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
The Razor Beater is awsome.

Have you tried slowing down your rock trap impeller? Try 1:1 sprocket ratio.
It sounds counter intuitive but if the beater is too fast I have had problems with backfeeding. Even with the Razor I still end up switching sprockets depending on conditions. If you alternate the two you have right now you wont need to adjust roller chain length. I have not found a particular rule of thumb, just that if the current speed for current conditions isnt working try something different. Canola not an issue. Peas I run the beater slower. Cereals it varies. Dont be scared to play with the speeds. Only takes a few minutes to change.

Also, check for dirt buildup on edge of trap. Wet dirt will stick and make a ledge that causes big grief. You have to open the trap and reach up and feel edges. We had to scrape ours out several times a day last year trying to pick tough wheat off muddy ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page