RedeKop Chopper on CIH 8010 - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
RedeKop Chopper on CIH 8010

Howdy, I've been looking into one of these RedeKop choppers for my 8010. Anyone on here put one on? My biggest issue with the factory setup is it doesn't chop fine enough, at night in wheat it looks like I used a walker combine with just straw spreaders. My other problem is, I run a 45ft header, those chinsy spreaders ether don't spread wide enough, or you have all the residue on the ends and hardly anything in the middle. My other concern is, I do a fare amount of baling behind the combine, how do you windrow with one of these choppers? Can you still spread the chaff? I would like to put a chaff saver/ walker on someday, but one mod at a time... I'm not really concerned about the extra hp requirements or more fuel usage. So I burn more fuel and have to slow down, but I should be able to save a tillage pass to try to fix what didn't get ground up by the combine.

Thanks for the time

One a side note, I have always wondered, why do so many of you guys North of the boarder run cylinder/walker combines?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 04:55 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Takes abit 1 minute to windrow straw. No tools. Just move a handle and push a big door in so it covers the chopper opening then drop the sieves tail board down. Chaff will still go on the straw row.

Unfortunately the chopper still screams away empty at 3000rpm unless you take the belt off.

I have a couple of MAVS on 8010’s.
They chop good. Not so impressed with the spread. It is even, just not wide enough.

Maybe if yours is brand new it might spread better. Might be something different about it.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by phantom970; 07-01-2019 at 07:43 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
I guess thats why they offer the wide spread kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
I know they have wider wind blades that can be put on the edge of the chopper. I think .5 inch wider. This was from a redekop guy at a farm show when I asked him about increasing the spread.

Seems like the wind is blowing enough most of the time so one side hardly spreads anyway.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Redekop MAV runs rings around the factory set up, right through to 40 series.
Sold a lot downunder, and can get 40' plus in good conditions with Wide Spread Kit, nice wide and even spreads.
Retract the blades on the interanl chopper, becomes and aggressive beater and let the MAV do the work.
HP demand increase is minimal , but must turn the blades when they get blunt on first side. Thats when then they drag HP and use fuel. Blades are a consumable for optimum performance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2864.JPG (698.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg CIH9230_GEN1_Kadina SA.jpg (866.3 KB, 10 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page