6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 06:22 PM
Carn the Cats

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by North8240 View Post
The baler is Krone Comprima round baler...
We are all big squares so I guess thereís the difference. My limited knowledge of balers tells me a round would certainly not like too much chopped up straw and chaff

As Torriem said, those coastal conditions are when walker machines really go when rotaries are struggling but I guess you want the rotary capacity during the day....

Unfortunately With 30í you will struggle to make good rows with those yields.

If the straw job is a major component of your enterprise you may be wise investing in a small tube rotor for that machine.
About $12k in OZ.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Barn
N
Quote:
Originally Posted by North8240 View Post
So the 7088 have the regular rasp bars fitted and the 8120 the straight bars?
No, they both have regular rasp bars, but the flagship just chops finer, not sure why. You could also look into replacing the chopper with a beater instead, that should help but I donít know how much and if it is worth the cost.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-04-2019, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
That's really interesting. Our 7230 puts out very nice straw when the straw is tough, as I'd expect with damp mornings and foggy nights.

Conventional wisdom (pun intended) around here is that when it's tough (foggy nights and dewy mornings), conventionals can go when a rotary can't do anything but plug.
I shut down my walkers in the morning or evening when tough. The rotory case and deere will cut right through it. I would have also thought the tough straw would have made it through the combine fairly well to be able to bale. I know a deere round baler will bale fairly well. The bales almost explode when the strings get cut. No rolling out those bales.
torriem likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 09:17 AM
Carn the Cats

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 302 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jegster10 View Post
You could also look into replacing the chopper with a beater instead, that should help but I donít know how much and if it is worth the cost.
As of Dec Ď18 in AUS $5k for the shaft and beater only. Belt and pulley will be extras, plus the updated bearings, and beater tray, support arms, bolts etc etc. Will be a very pricey job for an unknown result.

I still donít think the chopper is the main problem. Gut feeling itís the rotor.

But you could or should blank off under the chopper with some stainless sheet. I reckon straw can get held up on the grate slot holes there and get chopped or broken up more.
torriem likes this.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page