1680 Hydraulic Drive System Pressure - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-05-2019, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
1680 Hydraulic Drive System Pressure

Hydraulics are getting weak. I am thinking about bypassing my foot-n-inch valve by capping the lines and testing how it drives, to see if that is my issue, but was wondering if anyone has ever hooked up gauges to the system and if they would have pictures on how to do so. Looks like the working pressure of a corn/soybean combine is around 5500 PSI. I have documentation on how to preform the test, but not sure where the gauges should be hooked up. Has anyone ever capped the foot-n-inch valve and tested it that way? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Go to 1680 slow hyd. post. Shim up the relief to gain additional pressure may help your problem.
https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...-slow-hyd.html

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Had tried to post a pic from manual and ended up with super long text thing . But in the manual it shows that you use two ports on the block on the end of the motor close to where the foot and inch hoses go in . There is also relief valves in the back of the motor that could cause problems . The pressure is controlled by the foot and inch valve and there is an adjustment shim package available but it mentions that the pedal should allow the valve to completely close without any restriction from the sealing gasket under the floor .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninREDharD View Post
Go to 1680 slow hyd. post. Shim up the relief to gain additional pressure may help your problem.
https://www.thecombineforum.com/foru...-slow-hyd.html
This looks to be for the aux pump for the header height and reel lift and such. I am talking about the main drive system that is controlled by the foot-n-inch valve (clutch pedal) in the cab.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

I found a really good video on YouTube from Herr Machining. It shows them doing a bench test of the hydraulic pump and the drive motor. They actually explain on which port to hook gauge up to and the pressures. I believe all the test parts are dash 4 size (1/4").
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page