upgrades for 8010 - The Combine Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
upgrades for 8010

I am looking to see what upgrades people would suggest for the greatest improvement in capacity and grain quality for a 2008 8010.

last year I put a new bubble up auger, new feeder chain, and new feeder shaft, feeder bearings in and the year before new clean grain elevator chain.
This year if I dont trade for something else I am going to probably put in a new cone, cage, rotor bearings, possibly new rotor, new rethrasher spinners, and new chopper blades.

What if anything do people have for suggestions for improving the capabilities of the machine while I have it all apart, and thoughts on aftermarket parts vs oem.

we harvest, lentils, peas, hard red spring wheat, and canola for the most part a few oats, barley and occasional flax as well.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-07-2019, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
the only thing I would do that you didn't mention is a better chopper. I just checked on a Redekop for my 8010.. $17K. I take it you don't have the rad plugging problems with yours?

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I have internal chopper it sucks but not much to do there. I have no rad plugging issues, but filter plugs quite regularly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 10:31 PM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 314 Post(s)
I have the same issue puddles.
The ‘08 blocks air filter regularly daily but the radiator is good

The ‘07 blocks radiator easy but air filter can go for a few days.

I have a feeling the Venturi pipe in the muffler might be broken on the ‘08.........?
Can’t hear it rattling in there but there’s no suction at the air filter end. Flappy valve is clean. Think I might try a new muffler this year.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:11 PM

my 06 I can go all season, 800 sep hours without the filter plugging. But the rad is every 2 hours during wheat when its hot
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:13 PM

puddles, that 17K was to remove the chopper, put a beater inside and hang a RedeKop on the back like a NH.

I'd like to figure out how to keep my 8010 cool, but I've had no luck, and my dealers all keep the same song, just trade it for an 8120 or newer
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-08-2019, 11:35 PM
John Force - Legend

wow RCRanch, are you sure your filter sensor is working.

As for your radiator, might be worth considering converting the door and screen to the ‘08 setup. Those fine mesh ones are a pita. The full metal screen and dust extraction system works way better than the other job.

Regardless, your motor shouldn’t run high temp.
Check the fan belt is on the correct way. It can actually go two ways but the latter doesn’t keep the belt as tight and your fan will slip.

Spend a whole day pressure washing your radiator. You will think it’s okay but it won’t be. There will be hard set crap in there that you can’t see. It doesn’t take much of that to create massive cooling deficiencies.
Been there, done that on the 07. After 6 hrs in the paddock washing and blowing it was like a new machine. The crap that came out was mind boggling but I couldn’t see it before.
Added benefit with being clean is it has the ability to suck stuff thru the cores better if your rotary screen leaks.
bap likes this.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 12:18 AM

phantom970, I know my sensor is work, I still pull it a check on the filter every now and then..

As for the cooling, I've spend days laying on the motor with a hot pressure washer washing and blowing. Used every kind of soap you can think of. I've heard the solution is to update the door, but all the dealers I've checked with say its no longer avalialbe. As for the fan, I have put a hydraulic one on, thinking I could speed it up to pull more air thinking that would help... I can't say it doesn't but the rad seems to be plugged deeper than belt driven if that makes sense. If you follow my combine and watch the dust, it swirls up, plugs the screen half up then you'll see a big glob of dust and sh*t come flying out of the engine bay until she starts getting warm... The thing that puzzles the heck out of me, I do not have this problem in barley oats or canola.. Just wheat.. I can go all day on the other crops, and soys I can go for a few days. It must be the fine dust in wheat. I don't have any large particals coming through.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 02:27 AM
John Force - Legend

Well that is strange. The two worst crops are giving the least trouble.

Maybe you can get a sheet metal shop to knock up a screen cover door like the JD’s so they suck from the top.

It’s on my to-do list, been there for a few yrs now tho.

Back to the RAD cleaning, your really gotta stand in front on a pallet and with the coolers pulled right out of the way and the swirly blades in there removed. I have never achieved anything from the engine side.

That big plastic panel will fold 90 deg out of the way if you disconnect the sliding rod lock.
You probably know all this already.

Couple of MAVS on the back of mine help somewhat with dust issues
Transaxial likes this.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-10-2019, 07:03 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You should definitely put in a vertical auger tube liner in your upright unload before you start to have problems with the tube wearing thin that is part of the grain tank and eventually it will not support your unload auger anymore and also I would put in the stainless steel liners in the grain tank and the stainless liners in the clean and return grain augers so you won’t have to replace the bottom pan if it is already thin or has holes in it theses liners will fix it also a 12 gauge bubble up liner in your bubble up auger in the grain tank if it is worn out or you just want to protect it these slide in liners are all precut pre welded and bolt in you won’t want to replace that bubble up tube on those machines they are very expensive contact your local case ih dealer or . [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page