Looking for experience on the 250 series conbines - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-23-2019, 05:55 PM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Just click on the black Edit icon down the bottom of any of your posts and it will bring up a new page and you can edit your post. Then just click save.

Where in Aus are u?

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Southern NSW

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:15 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Nixon View Post
I wanna know with all the new harvest command automation whether you can get any more tonne/hr out of them compared to an 8240. The price difference here in Aus is quite large. Probably going to recoup some costs at trade because of the newer model, but I’d like to see some more performance. I understand how the harvest command works, we aren’t overly stressed about cracked grain or sample as it mainly gets sent to feed.
Generally we consider the limiting factor of these headers to be the rotor, if you push them too hard they get rotor loss, regardless of blocks or modules.

I’ve seen the Welker farms video and I thought it was helpful but he’s raving about a the header whilst stripping about 25t/hr, no offence to him the crop was what it was, and the crop makes the tonnes/hr. We’d at least like to see 40t/hr here in Aus with minimal loss, I’d prefer 50.
Throughout the course of a 10-12 hour day sitting in a combine, yes you’ll see yield gains. The 2019 model does actually have a 2% increase in cleaning area compared to 2018 models, but that’s negligible. If you’re in variable crops, the machine is going to outperform a tired operator all day long, if you’re in a consistent crop I’d say the machine is going to match what an expert operator would do, assuming all else being equal. The real trick to using automation is to use it in conjunction with feedrate, and knowing which strategy to set the machine to.

If you’re still feeling uneasy about purchasing the package, there are still benefits to the MY19 features. The adjustable vanes, the in cab pre-sieve adjustment and the feeder fore-aft adjustment are relatively cheap options that can assist you in increasing realized yields.
rod likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 07:52 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4674 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwickum View Post
bigbudluvr you better at least check out @13:40 ish!

I didnít see a grain elevator camera imagine but canít see how auto setting can be done without one, is it just done in the background or is some other method of analysis employed?
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfarm View Post
Thatís the 150 series. Not sure if only for only for one year or all 150 combines will have the colour. Donít think anybody in North America buys the belt drive models anymore.
The heritage machines are still fairly popular in the corn belt, I run a 6088 will probably stick with the heritage line when I trade net time I think. Flagships have their advantages but maintenance is not one of them, guys that have them here are putting transition cones in every 700-800 hours. If I felt the need to dump the heritage line chances are I'd float to NH. I think the problem with the flagship transition is its a single rotor shoved in a machine meant for two.
SWFarmService likes this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 09:28 AM
John Force - Legend

Quoted: 331 Post(s)
Quote:
Southern NSW
Well you mustnít be to far from myself and a few others on here.........

Big gamble anyone that takes on a new machine this year. We are okay northern Riverina but it can go pear shaped quickly.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 01:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptusa View Post
Flagships have their advantages but maintenance is not one of them, guys that have them here are putting transition cones in every 700-800 hours... I think the problem with the flagship transition is its a single rotor shoved in a machine meant for two.
I know the cone is a lot thicker than on the 2388 we used to run. How much of this quick wearing out is due to more acres/hour going through the flagship machines? How often would a transition cone wear out on a 7088?

In my mind maintenance means bearings, belts, grease points, and moving parts. In that respect the flagship machines beat the heritage hands down. Less moving parts, fewer grease-able bearings (over-greasing leads to high failure rates), fewer belts. The only sore spot is the chopper drive shaft within a shaft. Horrible hack design. We're up to 1000 hours on the oldest machine now, and just starting to think about eventual cone and/or vane replacement. Probably will look into a liner.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-24-2019, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncf7.3 View Post
Quote:
I wanna know with all the new harvest command automation whether you can get any more tonne/hr out of them compared to an 8240. The price difference here in Aus is quite large. Probably going to recoup some costs at trade because of the newer model, but I’d like to see some more performance. I understand how the harvest command works, we aren’t overly stressed about cracked grain or sample as it mainly gets sent to feed.
Generally we consider the limiting factor of these headers to be the rotor, if you push them too hard they get rotor loss, regardless of blocks or modules.

I’ve seen the Welker farms video and I thought it was helpful but he’s raving about a the header whilst stripping about 25t/hr, no offence to him the crop was what it was, and the crop makes the tonnes/hr. We’d at least like to see 40t/hr here in Aus with minimal loss, I’d prefer 50.
Throughout the course of a 10-12 hour day sitting in a combine, yes you’ll see yield gains. The 2019 model does actually have a 2% increase in cleaning area compared to 2018 models, but that’s negligible. If you’re in variable crops, the machine is going to outperform a tired operator all day long, if you’re in a consistent crop I’d say the machine is going to match what an expert operator would do, assuming all else being equal. The real trick to using automation is to use it in conjunction with feedrate, and knowing which strategy to set the machine to.

If you’re still feeling uneasy about purchasing the package, there are still benefits to the MY19 features. The adjustable vanes, the in cab pre-sieve adjustment and the feeder fore-aft adjustment are relatively cheap options that can assist you in increasing realized yields.
Yeah righto that’s about where I got with it. You’ll pick up a bit but not a lot. But all in all it’s a more user friendly header which has been a decent reason to upgrade to newer models subsequently.
The price change is fairly large, dealers trying to get rid of the 8240s because they aren’t selling too well due to last year being a drought and this year looking down the barrel of being below average again.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 12:05 AM

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Quote:
I wanna know with all the new harvest command automation whether you can get any more tonne/hr out of them compared to an 8240. The price difference here in Aus is quite large. Probably going to recoup some costs at trade because of the newer model, but Iíd like to see some more performance. I understand how the harvest command works, we arenít overly stressed about cracked grain or sample as it mainly gets sent to feed.

Iíve seen the Welker farms video and I thought it was helpful but heís raving about a the header whilst stripping about 25t/hr, no offence to him the crop was what it was, and the crop makes the tonnes/hr. Weíd at least like to see 40t/hr here in Aus with minimal loss, Iíd prefer 50.
I agree, don't watch that video to see max capacity in wheat. It got hot and dry here last year, same with this year. My hard thrash covers never came off in my 8120 with wheat.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-25-2019, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 1508 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
I know the cone is a lot thicker than on the 2388 we used to run. How much of this quick wearing out is due to more acres/hour going through the flagship machines? How often would a transition cone wear out on a 7088?

In my mind maintenance means bearings, belts, grease points, and moving parts. In that respect the flagship machines beat the heritage hands down. Less moving parts, fewer grease-able bearings (over-greasing leads to high failure rates), fewer belts. The only sore spot is the chopper drive shaft within a shaft. Horrible hack design. We're up to 1000 hours on the oldest machine now, and just starting to think about eventual cone and/or vane replacement. Probably will look into a liner.
I agree with more product through the flagships compared to say a 2388, but the newer heritage machines hold their own against the flagships here. Transition cones in the 88 series go 1500-2000 hours, flagships are 700-800.

I thought I read somewhere that the new 150 series have more hdraulic components on them as well, may be mistaken.

torriem likes this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page