The Combine Forum banner

240 series

4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  EvanT17 
#1 ·
hey guys, just wondering how many hours some of you have on your 240 series combines and what problems come up. My lease is up on my 9240. I can roll up to the 9250 fully loaded with redekop and full automation for just a bit more payment. If I buy mine out, payments are half. But if automation could save 1 bu/acre then its a wash, plus starting with zero hrs. vs 1500 separator hrs. Any thoughts, advice, or real world repair nightmares after 1500 hrs. thanks

#8 · (Edited)
So far we are harvesting rye. The automation does not recognize that crop. but I’m running the Cruz. Just set the engine load and it will keep you there. Sometimes your going 4.5 mph then your doing 1.5 mph. It works with your grain loss too. It will put more grian in the tank. Did a cupel of test just in the Monitor (not scaled) a good bushel more. Now you have to weigh out the efficiency. If it’s early in the season or you need every bushel it’s works ok. But if it’s late in the season or the rain is coming shut it off and giver. Lol. I like the adjustable veins that’s nice! It’s early only have 10hr of harvesting on it now. Still learning

#21 ·
Hopefully you guys didn't get 250's with the hyrdo/tranny issues. There were some early ones running around here that had tranny's blown in like 5-10 hours, something about a last minute change with the supply pumps and some finger pointing by suppliers as to who's fault it was, but not good none the less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.