8010 precleaner cfm - The Combine Forum
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
8010 precleaner cfm

looking at putting a centri precleaner on my 8010 just wondering if anyone knows the cfms required. looking at the 8" but not sure.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 08:30 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
An 8” one is what I have on my 8120.

post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
I'm in the process of putting a 7 inch Donaldson Top Spin HD on our CX 8080. Now you have me questioning if it's big enough!! I was assuming the 7 inch pipe going to the filter would mean a 7 inch pre-cleaner would be sufficient. So Case has filter issues too do they?

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 09:31 PM

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
So Case has filter issues too do they?
Only yours and the weird conditions you work under; never happened before to anyone else or any other machine...
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I do not know why case engineers cannot figure out how to design a filter system to suck from somewhere other than the dirtiest area possible.

Even the cab filter is in a horrible location
kevlar likes this.

Last edited by puddles; 08-14-2019 at 12:34 AM.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by puddles View Post
I do not know why case engineers cannot figure out how to design a filter system to suck from somewhere other than the dirtiest area possible.

Even the cab filter is in a horrible location
Ag equipment in general is kinda designed shitty. One step above garden/homeowner grade.

If farmers would demand(and pay) for a 25-30,000+ hour runtime machine, they would build them for that. But they're the exception not the norm.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 02:45 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
In the process of putting a model 70 centri on a 8120. The 7 inch size. The inlet is bigger than the outlet to the engine so thinking we will be alright. If you look up the cfm's it is quite a range. Don't see why it wouldn't be worse than factory sucking from the airbox...
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
That was my thinking, the two square inches that aren't plugged off when it's running down there in the corner of the rad area, a clean seven inch pipe should let in a LOT more air. Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates the design of where they put filters and service areas, was always told it was just me! You would think the mechanics who work on them every day would say something to the company to get the engineers heads out of their a$$es. There is no reason myself and the combine should be covered in oil after changing all the filters. Don't get me started on the engine oil filter inside the grain tank.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
There is no reason myself and the combine should be covered in oil after changing all the filters. Don't get me started on the engine oil filter inside the grain tank.
That's probably the thing I hate most about my 970. It is an excuse to get back there every year and clean it though. It's not like it had to be there. 8120s have the 10.3l too with filters on the opposite side. I guess I haven't looked to see where the newer NH's have them.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Quote:
That was my thinking, the two square inches that aren't plugged off when it's running down there in the corner of the rad area, a clean seven inch pipe should let in a LOT more air. Glad to know I'm not the only one who hates the design of where they put filters and service areas, was always told it was just me! You would think the mechanics who work on them every day would say something to the company to get the engineers heads out of their a$$es. There is no reason myself and the combine should be covered in oil after changing all the filters. Don't get me started on the engine oil filter inside the grain tank.
I agree with the impossible locations some of these filters are mounted in. I was searching online one day under "remote mount filter base" or something like that and there are dummy plugs made out of aluminum sometimes that screw onto the oem filter base and then have IN and OUT threaded ports for hoses to wherever you want to mount a filter. And whatever brand or model of filter you choose on the other end of the hoses. Often you can choose a much bigger, better and cheaper filter than the bean counters at the factory decided to use. And possibly a filter that you use on other equipment and can buy by the case for a lower price than oem. For example most of the 9000 series Cummins/Fleetguard engine filters are now 30- 35 micron and because they have a full flow section that is smaller than it should be because they have incorporated a bypass section into the same filter can, both functions are much poorer than they should be. If you could run a simple full flow filter like a LF670, LF3000 or 1R1808 Cat filter which are in the 5-10 micron range and then mount a dedicated bypass filter like a LF777 along side you would have much better filtration, in a convenient location and at a fraction of the cost for both than these new oem filters. I did not look up that conversion but there lots of possible mounting bases available or get one made at a machine shop.

adsinaus likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page