8250/9250 compare to Lexion 750/760 - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwickum View Post
Perkins engine? Cat engine? CAT ET is fairly common. Perkins software is fairly common. Lots of people work on both. I have had RDO work on an 8230 case combine engine in the past because they knew how to work on the engine better than the local case dealer. They had the tools. They are not a case combine dealer in Great Falls. Can T&E not still access the engine if needed?

Not trying to talk you into anything. Mostly just curious.

For me, I would go with case and have gone with case. New Holland looks interesting in wheat country.
I'll have to check out NH. Not sure if they'll have any here, Torgerson's just joined the local NH dealership. Can't imagine they'll sell Case and NH combines.

We can still get T&E out for the engine, but need a Class mechanic for the combine part. T&E can't access the combine, Class can't access the engine. It makes for a cluster because usually they're all related, and to get two mechanics out at the same time is difficult, ha!

We're in pretty thick wheat country. 115 bu+, and running into green straw occasionally.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
How far away is the closest dealer then? Ours is just about 2 hours and itís a non issue.

The case wonít hang with the Lexion in real tough or green.

If your bread and butter was pulses though I always thought the Case would be the easiest on the crop.
Talked to a friend today that is on a farm running 5 9250s cutting red lentils and said they are having big issues chipping/ cracking the lentils. Usually an easy fix but they are getting pretty frustrated.

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I’ve been hearing about some big issues with reliability with the 50 series case in general.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 09:09 PM
KWO

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttorunthebest View Post
Iíve been hearing about some big issues with reliability with the 50 series case in general.
There was an assembly issue on the hydrostat. If it was going to give trouble, it would happen in the first three hours.

Climate Change; if you don't produce more food or natural fibre than you eat or wear, then YOU are the problem!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 10:12 PM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
The latest S Deere should go harder in tough straw than a CaseIH because of the 3 stage rotor cage. The Case is tight all the way thru where as the Deere has more room after the concaves.
I can’t get my head around the tailings issues some have with the Deere. I ran a 690 for a few years and never a problem. Are you guys just looking at the display volume and assuming or actually physically jamming the repeat? To be fair we don’t have the green weed issues some of you have.

Anyway Montana farmer13, I personally would choose a Deere first over the Case for tough stuff. NewHolland over both of them.

I have a suspicion these first 50’s might be like the first batch of black top 8010’s.
aussie.ltd. likes this.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by phantom970; 09-07-2019 at 10:50 PM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 11:52 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
I have two 8250. Running top notch. 150 hr. Each.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 12:16 AM
John Force - Legend

Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip clutch View Post
Thatís good to hear SlipClutch

Did you have Flagships before these?
Love to hear a comparison...........

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 01:29 AM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom970 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip clutch View Post
That’s good to hear SlipClutch

Did you have Flagships before these?
Love to hear a comparison...........
Yes had 8010 8230 8240 and 8250. Each Series just gets better. When I had the 8010 I thought I had the world by the nuts lol. Then I got the 8230. Wow. Way better then the 8010 more power better thrashing and so on you know. Then 8240. I thought how can it get better. Well 8250 gets better. The 50 has just as much power as the 40 but has way more capacity when tough going. Bigger drives bigger feeder house faster unload way better transmission And the automation. Who ever put in the values to make automation work did something right for once. lol. We are half done now still have oats canola and soybeans to go.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Hard to beet the lexon in your tough conditions, but tried out all the colors a few years back and case with big hp is pretty dam good, the 50 series I seen has been dialled in and works better than others, we have a lot of green kocha this year and it eats well, the Deere cleaning system is hurting, and there configuration makes it a bottle neck, to stuff tough conditions threw.. Best of all it the rotor reverse on case, from your seat you can be up and running in a minute, allows you to try thought conditions that you would turn away with green

Dealer has a dozen 50s out this year and not many problems with them, good sample from cleaning.. Deere also seams to have new teck working well on sample, just not a rotor belt guy anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page