8250/9250 compare to Lexion 750/760 - The Combine Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
8250/9250 compare to Lexion 750/760

Hi all!

Looking to hear from other people on the Case 8250/9250's. We've been running Lexion's for a while, and love them, but are concerned about no dealer in our area anymore, and thus, lack of service. The primary reason we like them so much is the cutting power. We're able to cut grain that still has some green stalk (overall moisture of 12-15%) with little issue, chop, and spread the stalk that we cut. We prefer to leave about 6-8" of the stalk on the ground, so fairly low. We are irrigated, so we get pretty heavy/thick crop for our area. I need a machine that can handle it.

I'm just curious from those with prior experience how the new Case Axial-Flow's will do in that condition? We've demo'd John Deere combines that could not keep up with the Lexion even though they were the same HP rating. We saw a lot of power decrease in the JD once it got dark, something we didn't see in the Lexion. Will the Case handle it? We haven't been able to get a 9250 to demo yet, so I wanted to ask here.

Thanks in advance! Good luck harvesting if you're still going.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Ran Deere and Case side by side for a few years, the Deere’s handle tough conditions a lot better.

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2837 Post(s)
Nothing will handle tough straw like the Lexion, least of all a CaseIH. Best to stock some parts and keep your machines.

Most guys that have experience with all the brands say that if you took their Claas away they would run a New Holland, and I feel the same way.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
I have never ran a Lexion. In wheat my case 8120 will always out do the 9770sts running next to it. This year I cut 75% more acres per day than the 9770sts with a cleaner sample. Most any rotory Deere I have seen will plug the tailings when it looks at kochia or russian thistle. Or green patches of wheat. Like 30% moisture green. The guys running green do admit the S series is even worse for tailings plugging. Saying that. The 9770sts I am running will never plug tailings now matter how hard you try. No idea why this is. It also has less capacity than any other 9770sts I have ran. Wished I knew why this is. That 8120 will certainly pull more power when it hits tough straw. It will thrash just fine in tough straw. I was just out cutting in a light rain this morning until the wheat soaked up enough moisture it hit 15% and I quit. Never had a problem thrashing. No dust behind the combine. Certainly slowed me down. Is first season out of CRP spring wheat running 10-60 bushel. Very variable stuff. Average about 35. So you have an idea. The 9770sts will cut right with the 8120 in tough straw. That is my tid bit of experience.

Having a good dealer around that stocks parts is important.
Did Tillman's in Havre take over Lexion dealership when T&E quit? I used to work for T&E in Billings as a mechanic. I thought they never did support the ag side very well. Are you really missing much with out them?
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwickum View Post
I have never ran a Lexion. In wheat my case 8120 will always out do the 9770sts running next to it. This year I cut 75% more acres per day than the 9770sts with a cleaner sample. Most any rotory Deere I have seen will plug the tailings when it looks at kochia or russian thistle. Or green patches of wheat. Like 30% moisture green. The guys running green do admit the S series is even worse for tailings plugging. Saying that. The 9770sts I am running will never plug tailings now matter how hard you try. No idea why this is. It also has less capacity than any other 9770sts I have ran. Wished I knew why this is. That 8120 will certainly pull more power when it hits tough straw. It will thrash just fine in tough straw. I was just out cutting in a light rain this morning until the wheat soaked up enough moisture it hit 15% and I quit. Never had a problem thrashing. No dust behind the combine. Certainly slowed me down. Is first season out of CRP spring wheat running 10-60 bushel. Very variable stuff. Average about 35. So you have an idea. The 9770sts will cut right with the 8120 in tough straw. That is my tid bit of experience.

Did Tillman's in Havre take over Lexion dealership when T&E quit? I used to work for T&E in Billings as a mechanic. I thought they never did support the ag side very well. Are you really missing much with out them?
No, there's nobody that's taken over for Lexion in Montana. Couple dealerships in Idaho, and obviously Butler in ND, but nobody here. T&E never did care about Ag enough, imo, but the problem is access to a computer. Claas can have somebody out, but they can only access the combine. T&E can access the engine. It makes it difficult for us when we're in a pinch. Parts is the same as before, order from elsewhere lol.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Nothing will handle tough straw like the Lexion, least of all a CaseIH. Best to stock some parts and keep your machines.

Most guys that have experience with all the brands say that if you took their Claas away they would run a New Holland, and I feel the same way.
Parts isn't the issue at all, it's just getting easy access to computers to run diagnostics.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 1191 Post(s)
How far away is the closest dealer then? Ours is just about 2 hours and it’s a non issue.

The case won’t hang with the Lexion in real tough or green.

If your bread and butter was pulses though I always thought the Case would be the easiest on the crop.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanwickum View Post

Not related to the thread, but to this post. Have S series Deere for 4 years now. Have fought the tailings every year. More so on 2015 models, not the 16. Put an adjustable precleaner in all of our machines, and the tailings issue is gone. So simple, wish I knew of it when we got the combined.

Brent.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 12:36 AM

Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Perkins engine? Cat engine? CAT ET is fairly common. Perkins software is fairly common. Lots of people work on both. I have had RDO work on an 8230 case combine engine in the past because they knew how to work on the engine better than the local case dealer. They had the tools. They are not a case combine dealer in Great Falls. Can T&E not still access the engine if needed?

Not trying to talk you into anything. Mostly just curious.

For me, I would go with case and have gone with case. New Holland looks interesting in wheat country.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-2019, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
The youtube videos I have watched of the new 250 series and it’s automation have been very impressive. Though I have ran neither, it would be interesting to see how a 250 stacks up to a lexion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page