Pro 600 Help... - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pro 600 Help...

Well, I picked up a used Trimble 252 receiver to hook up to our 7088 that we traded for last month. Now I'm ready to start getting acquainted with the Pro 600.

...Long story short, this Pro 600 that we have isn't the one that was originally in the combine. So when I fire up the Pro 600 and look at it...it thinks I'm sitting in a Magnum 310. The only options I see for vehicle is "Generic Tractor" and "Large Tractor". No combine.

We tried to call the dealer's Ag monitor tech, but he hasn't called back yet and at this point I'm doubting he will until next week.

Is it possible for us to load the combine option into the Pro 600 or is this strictly a dealer-only situation?

I did manage to get the Trimble 252 to connect with the Pro 600 and communicate. It showed 8 satellites. So I at least know the Trimble works.

If you want the long story why this is a different Pro 600, the dealer thinks the original monitor was stolen out of the cab while the combine was sitting on the lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

And the tech did call back. Yea, he has to install the combine software into the Pro 600. It seems he didn't get a chance to look at this monitor before it was given to us.

Ah well...

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 985 Post(s)
Now here is where this will get interesting. If they send you a bill for programing it or not.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Now here is where this will get interesting. If they send you a bill for programing it or not.
They won’t.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 08:57 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
My dealer doesn't charge for firmware programming if you take it in to them and leave it for them to do it when they have time. Basically CNH charges the dealer so much for all the software that they couldn't possibly recoup it with even ridiculous fees so they don't even bother. I think it really irks them that Case charges them for it. CNH shouldn't be charging anyone (dealers or farmers) anything for access to firmware.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page