*120 vrs *230 spreaders - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*120 vrs *230 spreaders

I run a 8010 and a 9120 with Mega cut choppers. The spreaders are the same except for the in cab speed control on the 9120. I see in the online parts book that the newer 8230s have different spreader impellers and chute parts. Are they better at spreading evenly up to 40'?

I need to do the best job possible of spreading residue on notill irrigated. The megcut choppers produces well sized residue but the heavey harrow does very little spreading of the short straw. Need to get it spread right from the get-go.

Was at a meeting with Phil Needham and he said that both Deere and Case sold much better spreader set ups in Eurupe than here. Any info here?

Last edited by montanagary; 12-30-2012 at 12:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM

I have the same concerns with our 8010's and I keep looking for better options. The best option I can find so far is putting on Redekop choppers. The only thing stopping me is the price, but cheaper than buying a 40' Schulte mower.

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 10:45 PM

Much improved spreader on the 30 series, in wheat never had the adjuster all the way out with a 35 foot header
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
the spreaders over there are better we have said that for years we have a mega chopper its good but still not as good as over there all parts are sharp no blunt
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanagary View Post
I run a 8010 and a 9120 with Mega cut choppers. The spreaders are the same except for the in cab speed control on the 9120. I see in the online parts book that the newer 8230s have different spreader impellers and chute parts. Are they better at spreading evenly up to 40'?

I need to do the best job possible of spreading residue on notill irrigated. The megcut choppers produces well sized residue but the heavey harrow does very little spreading of the short straw. Need to get it spread right from the get-go.

Was at a meeting with Phil Needham and he said that both Deere and Case sold much better spreader set ups in Eurupe than here. Any info here?
The new ones are much better, even able to spread residue up to 45 ft! And they are ajustable to spread all the residue evenly behind the combine in every crop. Difference is the shoots and the spreader impellers have a wider diameter!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomih View Post
The new ones are much better, even able to spread residue up to 45 ft! And they are ajustable to spread all the residue evenly behind the combine in every crop. Difference is the shoots and the spreader impellers have a wider diameter!
Are the impellers and shoots different that the *230's on this side of the puddle?? Have you worked with the "in cab" adjustable model??

I've looked at online parts. Now I need to go to dealer to LOOK at the *230's butt end to see the diff myself.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM

As soon as I'm back in the shop I'll make some pics for you next Thursday! In the meantime I attached two pics of this year's season to give you an idea how the spreader looks like ( hope that you can see what you want)!!!!
We do have the opportunity to "in cab" adjust both sides and in the middle. As far as I know you can order this spreader type also on the other side of the "pond", it depends on the order code. The shoots are bigger, and the impellers have an increased diameter, but this is equal all around the globe!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2567.JPG (546.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Case 3.JPG (252.1 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by tomih; 01-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-06-2013, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomih View Post
, and the impellers have an increased diameter
Was at the dealership in Montana yesterday and spent a good amount of time compairing a 8230 and a 8120 that were side by side. Impellers were different construction but SAME diameter and spread between impellers on both machines. The shoots on the 8230 were larger and adjusted forward and back to change throw ( as well as speed of course). The 8120's shoots just swung up and down. The divider between the two impellers on the 8120 had the rods on both sides. Same as my 2010 9120 and the 08 8010. The new 8230 had more enclosed solid divider with a part that manually adjusts how much residue is let out right behind the machine.

After I bought the 8010 in fall of 2008 I purchased two CIH spreaders from case and installed on my Gleaner R72's to greatly improve on the spreading. But these spreaders had adjustable curved plates in place of the rods as on the 8010. ( Was told latter that these spreaders were for markets across the pond ) I was not impressed when I traded the 72's off in 2010 for my 9120 and found the rods on that spreader again. I installed bolt on plates over the rods on both machines and that improved the spread but still no adjustments.

Hope to see images of TOMIH's spreaders. Hoping also to get info from the area CIH rep when I see him tomorrow.

One year ends with the combine but next year starts with the chopper/spreader.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2013, 06:08 AM

[QUOTE=montanagary;343860]Was at the dealership in Montana yesterday and spent a good amount of time compairing a 8230 and a 8120 that were side by side. Impellers were different construction but SAME diameter and spread between impellers on both machines.

Sorry for the delay! Here are the pics. In cab adjustment is indpendent on both sides and the middle. The shoots are adjustable in 4 positions.
Looked at our 9010, and we do have a difference on the impellers in diameter! Tha new ones are larger!!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Tom
It looks like your divider is what is shown on the online parts book to be the "deluxe narrow" under the 9120. It is not shown under the 8230 parts. Your deflectors look to be shorter than the one piece divider on the 8230s that I've seen here. My thoughts are that the one piece divider may throw better but is not as adjustable as the "deluxe narrow" that is on your machine. I have 40' heads on my machines and want the best of both worlds. As in adjustable and wide spread. The impellers are 12.5" radius on my 8010 and 9120 also on the new 8230 at the dealership. Your thoughts would be helpfull.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page