Why are AFX's so popular? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Why are AFX's so popular?

Hey guys. Being a combine freak I try to keep up with all the new machines. The 2388 being my most favorite in the smaller catagory compared to the AFX and CR..etc. The CR being my favorite in the Class 8 machines. I watch several forums and people have been posting their harvesting pics. Everyone that bought new machines seem to have gone with the AFX over the CR. I was curious what you guys thought about this. The AFX looks like a nice machine and all But I have always thought the CR was a better running machine with the TR. No one seems to put a header larger then a 36ft on the AFX as well. People have been putting them on 2388s for a few years now. If they work well on the 2388s wouldnt it really be to small for an AFX...especially when you put a 39-42ft on a CR (970) of course. Anyway. Was just curious to others thoughts.

Dusty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Re: Why are AFX's so popular?

So no one has an opinion on the likes and dislikes btweenthe AFXS and CR. Well HUMPH

Dusty

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 04:54 PM

Re: Why are AFX's so popular?

Case only offers a 36ft and some people im sure like to keep things the same

Also Lets face it we all no matter what color are all kinda new to a class 8 machine

Its just the start of things

As for the difference of why so many CAse to NH

I would say overall its just because Case IH is a bigger brand to most people or more well known than newholland in america.

I have went to northern ill and seen lots full of blue steigers and have wondered why in the heck so many of those are on dealers lots myself

Its all about whats popular in territorys

no gleaners (new or fairly new) in this area hardly and no massey combines or lexions a few cats

But you will see alot of white tractors and olivers.

Most of the times the good dealers that made it long term distiguishe's the brand on the area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page