Re: case?? - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: case??

J.I. Case bought International Harvester's farm equipment division in 1984 or 1985. The first changes made to the Axial-Flow, was the new 1600 Series, something IHC had already planned before their acquisition. Yes, this caused a little confusion among die-hard Case fans, as their last series of combines was also the 1600's, which ended in 1970. The Models 1660 and 1665 were their last, and both had at least a 50-52" cylinder, placing them among the top 3 sizes of the period. The 1665 was generally accepted as the "corn version" although many made it into wheat country, too.

Yes, Axial-Flows are purely of IH heritage, but I for one, still respect the addition of that Case name. Had it not been for Case, we'd have no Axial-Flows. Case was good to retain the A-F's spirit, too. The only hybrid we now see, is the 8010, which is clearly a muddled blend of New Holland, which was also a blow to the fabulous TR's who shared most of their production history with the A-F's, which only came out 2 years later.

Yes, Plowmaster, I've seen many Case combines. Yes, I am talking about the purebred variety, 600 to 1665. I wouldn't get too upset over a mere name change for a combine, as I would the combine itself. I have faith in the 8010, but it's just taking longer than most for bugs and quirks to be worked out. Once an 8010 is rolling, it's a sight to behold, from what I hear. Imagine a 2388 pumped up on steroids.

[Not trifling over name ID's]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 11:06 AM

Untill 1995 Tenneco owned CIH, in 1995 Case became a company all its own, instead being a subsidary of Tenneco. A axial flow combine is a IH design if you want to put CIH thas ok, but Case isn't going to cut it.

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 01:05 PM

LOL

We sure are very demanding people it seems like

Make sure thats a Capitol IH behind the Case part cause im sure someone would complain if it was a lower case

(just kidding)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-17-2006, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

sounds like plowmaster has a case of the reds sorry just couldn't let that one go by, well I know what you mean we've always been red on combines an green on tractors for years but red has slowly crept into our tractors case before IH was primitive even the 2590's the combines never had a chance but the guys that had them around here thought they where the best? thankfully with the buyout good machinery won out, just hope it turns out as good for CNH PS remember mind over matter IF YOU DON'T MIND IT DON'T MATTER
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2006, 12:22 AM

Whoa now! J.I. Case Company has a long.....long history in threshing grain. Long before Teneco bought a controlling interest and that didn't last long.

In these times we have seen many mergers, hostile takeovers and other such stuff. IH did bite the dust and my grand pa would roll over in his grave if he knew that. Case survived throughout the mergers. Now it's known as CNH.

The public brand name is Case IH and that is what the name should be here IMHO.

and of course the other brand name is New Holland and that is the name here for that brand name.

Watch out John Deere if you get too big for your britches or fail into rough financia shape some other big fish will take you over and might change your paint color to .............
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Well i sure feel better now that is says Case IH

If anyone wants it changed to CNH please show them out of this webservice lol

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 12:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:thank you admin i see it has been written!

I just don't my ship to be overthrown! No seriously anything I can do to make it a more correct place is fine with me.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 07:44 PM
jp

Man guys, its a simple name on a simple internet forum. As Larry the Cable Guy would likely say, nothing to get your underbritches in a wad over.

Red is my favorite, but geez, nothing to get to uptight on by calling it IH, Case, Case IH, Red, whatever.....guess I've got too many important things to worry about in my life.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 01:32 PM

I totally agree with you Plowmaster, all Axial Flows are IH and nobody can argue with me to the contrary. Case hijacked a good thing, I am thinking of putting black tape over the Case part of my decals, as they are nothing like the company IH was!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page