The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   New Holland (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/8-new-holland/)
-   -   Adding DSP to CR (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/8-new-holland/305938-adding-dsp-cr.html)

emr333 08-21-2017 02:13 AM

Adding DSP to CR

As the title states, is it possible to add dsp to a CR9070?

Ron.Koster 09-16-2017 10:46 PM

or a 970

bob123 09-17-2017 12:23 AM

are you having a problem with asp?

Millie 09-17-2017 01:36 AM

You could add one at one time , they had kits but a couple years ago i asked and they quit doing the kits. So you can do it but you need to buy everything on its own and then it gets crazy in price. If you have rocks my advice would be switch combines even brands, a rock in a 9090 cost me $70000 that is nothing anyone wants on their farm. Anyone that says a asp works good does not have may rocks, they suck.

Ron.Koster 09-17-2017 01:40 AM

yeah the asp is opening when there is no stones. Worked fine for lentils at a setting of 90%. But went on to barley and ended up turning it down all the way to 10% and it would still open 1-2 times per quarter mile swath (big heavy 30ft with zero lumps and laying as perfect as you can get cereal swath to lay and this field has ZERO ROCKS). The one thing I noticed even when doing the lentils was whenever the door opened for nothing it was always the top sensor that set it off and when ever there actually was a rock it was the bottom sensor that set it off. Cam setting on the feeder drum is at 3 and yes the feederchain is tight and not hitting the floor.

Oh and thanks bob123 for the info in the other thread ill be sure to use it if can get this asp to work right, I should be able to use it at atleast 70%-90% in all crops.

emr333 09-17-2017 06:43 PM

Same problem as ron. Perfect when straight cutting but picking up barley swaths is beyond terrible. Non stop phantom opening.

QT550 09-17-2017 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emr333 (Post 2975626)
Same problem as ron. Perfect when straight cutting but picking up barley swaths is beyond terrible. Non stop phantom opening.

Have you checked the rubber gasket on sound board? Maybe picker has excessive
vibration.

RunninREDharD 09-17-2017 10:23 PM

Probably checked but make sure there are no bent slats which may cause noise as well. The ASP is not a good system and too many stones pass through and wreck concaves, rotor covers, rasp bars and chopper region.

Downfall with my DSP is that it is tied to the separator and not to the feeder! It works great until you plug the rock beater. I must rig something up to reverse the drum.

My most effective unplugging tools are a battery powered reciprocating saw, a jackall, a block of wood to set the jackall on and a 2-3/8" cap to hold the wrench on the drum pulley so it can't come off. When tight you can't budge by hand - thus the jackall and block of wood. When I have time I am going to put a winch on and tie it up under the platform somewhere so I can reverse easier using power and weld something onto the end to grab on to the rotor wrench!

Moral of the story is you don't want to plug it! It is a dirty job and still requires pulling kochia weed out from underneath. The reciprocating saw is my best friend to cut threw the wads and help me pull out material while choking in the kochia dust!

I am done combining and only plugged beater twice and took out 2 concave shear bolts due to light crop. I don't want to talk about last year!

bob123 09-18-2017 12:08 AM

can you turn off the top sensor in the monitor or unplug it? mine has never said top sensor, always the bottom, not sure if it was modified by PO though, but works for me. Im sure I get a few false dumps still, but in our mostly rock free conditions I actually quite like it. I feel that asp uses much less power and therefore fuel, and in 2 years I have never, not a single time plugged the feederhouse, even in the very tough conditions last year. I would say no it is not perfect, but then again neither where the other brands I was driving alongside. so if rocks are going to get through anyway, Id rather use less fuel to do it.

jimbobobaroo 09-18-2017 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millie (Post 2974890)
Anyone that says a asp works good does not have may rocks, they suck.

ASP is the worst rock protection system on the planet. Pretty sure it's the nephew of one the founding parents of the company that invented it as to the reason why it wasn't discarded from NH many many years ago.

I have had both ASP and DSP. Best bet as previously suggested is to trade it off....