Adding DSP to CR - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Adding DSP to CR

As the title states, is it possible to add dsp to a CR9070?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
or a 970

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Barn
are you having a problem with asp?

Trent's Custom harvesting, southern manitoba
Cr 970
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:36 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
You could add one at one time , they had kits but a couple years ago i asked and they quit doing the kits. So you can do it but you need to buy everything on its own and then it gets crazy in price. If you have rocks my advice would be switch combines even brands, a rock in a 9090 cost me $70000 that is nothing anyone wants on their farm. Anyone that says a asp works good does not have may rocks, they suck.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 01:40 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
yeah the asp is opening when there is no stones. Worked fine for lentils at a setting of 90%. But went on to barley and ended up turning it down all the way to 10% and it would still open 1-2 times per quarter mile swath (big heavy 30ft with zero lumps and laying as perfect as you can get cereal swath to lay and this field has ZERO ROCKS). The one thing I noticed even when doing the lentils was whenever the door opened for nothing it was always the top sensor that set it off and when ever there actually was a rock it was the bottom sensor that set it off. Cam setting on the feeder drum is at 3 and yes the feederchain is tight and not hitting the floor.

Oh and thanks bob123 for the info in the other thread ill be sure to use it if can get this asp to work right, I should be able to use it at atleast 70%-90% in all crops.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Same problem as ron. Perfect when straight cutting but picking up barley swaths is beyond terrible. Non stop phantom opening.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 09:38 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emr333 View Post
Same problem as ron. Perfect when straight cutting but picking up barley swaths is beyond terrible. Non stop phantom opening.
Have you checked the rubber gasket on sound board? Maybe picker has excessive
vibration.

Enjoy Life.......Nobody gets out of here Alive......
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-17-2017, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Probably checked but make sure there are no bent slats which may cause noise as well. The ASP is not a good system and too many stones pass through and wreck concaves, rotor covers, rasp bars and chopper region.

Downfall with my DSP is that it is tied to the separator and not to the feeder! It works great until you plug the rock beater. I must rig something up to reverse the drum.

My most effective unplugging tools are a battery powered reciprocating saw, a jackall, a block of wood to set the jackall on and a 2-3/8" cap to hold the wrench on the drum pulley so it can't come off. When tight you can't budge by hand - thus the jackall and block of wood. When I have time I am going to put a winch on and tie it up under the platform somewhere so I can reverse easier using power and weld something onto the end to grab on to the rotor wrench!

Moral of the story is you don't want to plug it! It is a dirty job and still requires pulling kochia weed out from underneath. The reciprocating saw is my best friend to cut threw the wads and help me pull out material while choking in the kochia dust!

I am done combining and only plugged beater twice and took out 2 concave shear bolts due to light crop. I don't want to talk about last year!

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RunninREDharD; 09-17-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: added life experience line!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 12:08 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Barn
can you turn off the top sensor in the monitor or unplug it? mine has never said top sensor, always the bottom, not sure if it was modified by PO though, but works for me. Im sure I get a few false dumps still, but in our mostly rock free conditions I actually quite like it. I feel that asp uses much less power and therefore fuel, and in 2 years I have never, not a single time plugged the feederhouse, even in the very tough conditions last year. I would say no it is not perfect, but then again neither where the other brands I was driving alongside. so if rocks are going to get through anyway, Id rather use less fuel to do it.

Trent's Custom harvesting, southern manitoba
Cr 970
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-18-2017, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie View Post
Anyone that says a asp works good does not have may rocks, they suck.
ASP is the worst rock protection system on the planet. Pretty sure it's the nephew of one the founding parents of the company that invented it as to the reason why it wasn't discarded from NH many many years ago.

I have had both ASP and DSP. Best bet as previously suggested is to trade it off....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page