Things that annoy me with NH - Page 4 - The Combine Forum
 36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Using a wrench to unplug the cylinder sounds so archaic. That 1970's technology. Reminds me of unplugging a ancient super 90 MF with a fence post between the rub bars standing on the feeder house or a 860 MF tugging on a wrench. I never leave the cab in a 14 yr old 9790 Massey. Has a great feeder house with a stone trap that has never failed me yet. A flick of a lever beside the feeder house and stones are dumped. Always a stone or 2 everyday. Plug it and push the button to open the concave. Rock the cylinder at half throttle back and forth and unplug it. Turn the seperator on. Push the button to close the concave to initial setting. Start combining. I laughed when hearing about the NH solution to rocks with the shear pin idea. Brother in law had tough canary seed. Spent his day changing shear pins demoing a NH while his S68 Gleaner his wife was running just kept going. Simplicity is a 9790 set up. Hands down least moving parts imaginable. Weak point is the shaker shoe shaft and pitman arm. I can live with that much of a design fail. The rest of the machine seems very straight forward and I wouldn't want to work on the hopper side of the engine but touch wood never been there yet .

SK Farmer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Using a wrench to unplug the cylinder sounds so archaic. That 1970's technology. Reminds me of unplugging a ancient super 90 MF with a fence post between the rub bars standing on the feeder house or a 860 MF tugging on a wrench. I never leave the cab in a 14 yr old 9790 Massey. Has a great feeder house with a stone trap that has never failed me yet. A flick of a lever beside the feeder house and stones are dumped. Always a stone or 2 everyday. Plug it and push the button to open the concave. Rock the cylinder at half throttle back and forth and unplug it. Turn the seperator on. Push the button to close the concave to initial setting. Start combining. I laughed when hearing about the NH solution to rocks with the shear pin idea. Brother in law had tough canary seed. Spent his day changing shear pins demoing a NH while his S68 Gleaner his wife was running just kept going. Simplicity is a 9790 set up. Hands down least moving parts imaginable. Weak point is the shaker shoe shaft and pitman arm. I can live with that much of a design fail. The rest of the machine seems very straight forward and I wouldn't want to work on the hopper side of the engine but touch wood never been there yet .
I havenít plugged the rotors on my cr 10.9ís in 2&1/2 seasons and only before that in swaths except one time canola leaked on rotor belt and cause slippage good enough reason on its own for me to switch to all straight cut. Honestly feel that smaller cr plug easier because the power out to fast. Iíve put terrible condition crops through mine and biggest bottleneck was the belt at back before chopper plugging in wet rotten canola. Iíve had zero downtime in last 2 yrs the combine before had couple minor issues but never stopped me for the day was always fixable next morning.

post #33 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 723 Post(s)
Dookiller.........how many gleaners is he running now and how many NH and lexion.......must say something
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
I also don't understand the issue with the clean grain chain. I change the one on my 9080 by myself, and usually take it off every winter during my maintenance inspection with no real issues.

Now if the rear ladder is the biggest issue then you all must be real short. I don't find it to be an issue even when carrying jugs of fluids up when changing or topping up. I do agree with having one to move around the machine as it is a bit tougher to service the RHS of the machine with 2 small steps. The LHS with the toolbox platform is a nice set up.

I wonder how that Claas ladder works for climbing in the grain tank?? Figure I will get a reply seeing as all these Lexion owners seem to be lurking in the NH side....must be trying to figure out why they work so good. jk
post #35 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardrock acres View Post

I wonder how that Claas ladder works for climbing in the grain tank?? Figure I will get a reply seeing as all these Lexion owners seem to be lurking in the NH side....must be trying to figure out why they work so good. jk
I was gonna make a comment of the ladder being not movable but at least NH has one into the grain tank.

I only ever climb in the grain tank once or twice a year anyway and I made steps into it
post #36 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardrock acres View Post
I also don't understand the issue with the clean grain chain. I change the one on my 9080 by myself, and usually take it off every winter during my maintenance inspection with no real issues.

Now if the rear ladder is the biggest issue then you all must be real short. I don't find it to be an issue even when carrying jugs of fluids up when changing or topping up. I do agree with having one to move around the machine as it is a bit tougher to service the RHS of the machine with 2 small steps. The LHS with the toolbox platform is a nice set up.

I agree completely with your comments Iíve never worried about the rear ladder. The one on a claas is really handy until you forget late at night to move it when your fixing something and want to back up 10í for some reason🤬. I have bigger issue with handle on front steps it should be one piece right to top like case uses it makes it a lot easier to climb when carrying your lunch cooler up with you.
First world problem Iíve had is hands free phone calls arenít great. Wife says she canít here me great so I donít use it. Needs a better mic like in a fendt

Getting oil filter out on 10.9 is a real bitch thereís no room to work.
post #37 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:37 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4446 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
I only ever climb in the grain tank once or twice a year anyway and I made steps into it
Why?
The window in the cab and hopper should be eliminated.
Quality cam make them completely unnecessary, never looked in at all this season.
post #38 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 12:40 PM

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasky81 View Post
I have a 8000lb electric winch mounted on the side that makes it rather pleasant to unplug compared to the wrench

Can you post some pictures sometime? I have wrecked my wrench by tying it onto the truck bumper and driving! I am looking for a better solution! Certainly not an expensive solution like trading it off on a Claas!

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RunninREDharD; 11-07-2018 at 12:51 PM.
post #39 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunninREDharD View Post
Can you post some pictures sometime? I have wrecked my wrench by tying it onto the truck bumper and driving! I am looking for a better solution! Certainly not an expensive solution like trading it off on a Claas!
Check out Arnold innovations they make reversing wrench for combines. There our neighbours started a nice little father/son business
post #40 of 47 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Why?
The window in the cab and hopper should be eliminated.
Quality cam make them completely unnecessary, never looked in at all this season.
Last I checked I didnít have quality cam and i was getting a sample and changing the light inside the hopper.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page