CR9090 Twin pitch rotor in ASP combine - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
CR9090 Twin pitch rotor in ASP combine

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.

We currently run a 2014 CR9090 and ate a rock this fall. I'm looking into replacing the rotors with the twin pitch rotors. I have heard a lot of good things about the twin pitch rotors but they have all had the DSP system on the CRs. Our CR is set up with ASP so wondering if the twin pitch rotors will have the same performance with ASP as they do with DSP.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
They actually help the asp more. They eliminate the back feeding at the top of the feeder.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 733 Post(s)
There was a bit of difference on our 9090 that we changed. Not as much as everybody said there would be though. If you need new rotors I’d go for Twin pitch.

This was on a ASP machine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 12:48 AM
rod

Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorffams View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.

We currently run a 2014 CR9090 and ate a rock this fall. I'm looking into replacing the rotors with the twin pitch rotors. I have heard a lot of good things about the twin pitch rotors but they have all had the DSP system on the CRs. Our CR is set up with ASP so wondering if the twin pitch rotors will have the same performance with ASP as they do with DSP.

Thanks.
No problem at all with ASP. Did by chance or good luck, your rock manage to damage/destroy the top rotor covers as well? If it did ...... replace them with adjustable covers & the TP rotors.
Adjustable covers give you more benefits than you think ..... especially with TP rotors.
Have the vanes over the concaves in the "mid" position & over the separation area in "fast". This helps in the material flow transition of speed creating higher centrifugal (separation) forces.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:41 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Barn
do twin pitch rotors come standard with serrated intakes or is it just going down to 2 flights that makes the difference as far as backfeeding?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 11:18 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
do twin pitch rotors come standard with serrated intakes or is it just going down to 2 flights that makes the difference as far as backfeeding?
They aren't serrated. The 2 flights just grab more aggressively.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Yes the rock did damage to the top rotor covers. Basically the feeder drum and chain, all threshing components, beater and chopper will be replaced. Are there any other parts or upgrades that a guy should do at this time? Sunnybrook concaves? Plastic feeder chain slats?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 06:18 PM
rod

Quote:
Yes the rock did damage to the top rotor covers. Basically the feeder drum and chain, all threshing components, beater and chopper will be replaced. Are there any other parts or upgrades that a guy should do at this time? Sunnybrook concaves? Plastic feeder chain slats?
If the top covers are damaged, replace them with adjustable covers. Sunnybrook concaves are very good in a CR plus you have the benefit of replacing the box sections only if you damage them.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
If the top covers are damaged, replace them with adjustable covers. Sunnybrook concaves are very good in a CR plus you have the benefit of replacing the box sections only if you damage them.
I talked to the dealer about wanting to put the twin pitch rotors in and they're saying we will need to change the first separator grate after the concaves. This seems like foo foo dust to me. Is this true? If so how come?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 08:15 PM
rod

Quote:
I talked to the dealer about wanting to put the twin pitch rotors in and they're saying we will need to change the first separator grate after the concaves. This seems like foo foo dust to me. Is this true? If so how come?
What type of separator grates do you have installed currently? Are all three the large skip wire type ...... gap is about 50mm wide.
If you have these installed, they’re fine. You can just make a clip on cover to go in the centre of each section so as to give you flexibility in dry brittle canola conditions.
Make sure the TP rotors have grain bars over the concaves & spiked bars over the separation area. From memory, there’s 44 bars in total on each rotor, so you need 22 spiked bars on each rotor.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page