CR9090 Twin pitch rotor in ASP combine - The Combine Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
CR9090 Twin pitch rotor in ASP combine

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.

We currently run a 2014 CR9090 and ate a rock this fall. I'm looking into replacing the rotors with the twin pitch rotors. I have heard a lot of good things about the twin pitch rotors but they have all had the DSP system on the CRs. Our CR is set up with ASP so wondering if the twin pitch rotors will have the same performance with ASP as they do with DSP.

Thanks.

Anchorffams is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
They actually help the asp more. They eliminate the back feeding at the top of the feeder.

NWsask is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 07:26 PM
Senior Member
 
meskie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NE sask Canada
Posts: 2,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 733 Post(s)
There was a bit of difference on our 9090 that we changed. Not as much as everybody said there would be though. If you need new rotors I’d go for Twin pitch.

This was on a ASP machine
meskie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 12:48 AM
rod
Senior Member
 
rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Ostraya"
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorffams View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this so let me know if i'm doing anything wrong.

We currently run a 2014 CR9090 and ate a rock this fall. I'm looking into replacing the rotors with the twin pitch rotors. I have heard a lot of good things about the twin pitch rotors but they have all had the DSP system on the CRs. Our CR is set up with ASP so wondering if the twin pitch rotors will have the same performance with ASP as they do with DSP.

Thanks.
No problem at all with ASP. Did by chance or good luck, your rock manage to damage/destroy the top rotor covers as well? If it did ...... replace them with adjustable covers & the TP rotors.
Adjustable covers give you more benefits than you think ..... especially with TP rotors.
Have the vanes over the concaves in the "mid" position & over the separation area in "fast". This helps in the material flow transition of speed creating higher centrifugal (separation) forces.
rod is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 08:41 PM
Senior Member
 
bob123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: south of Wpg, Manitoba
Posts: 342
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Barn
do twin pitch rotors come standard with serrated intakes or is it just going down to 2 flights that makes the difference as far as backfeeding?
bob123 is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-22-2018, 11:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
do twin pitch rotors come standard with serrated intakes or is it just going down to 2 flights that makes the difference as far as backfeeding?
They aren't serrated. The 2 flights just grab more aggressively.
NWsask is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2018, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Yes the rock did damage to the top rotor covers. Basically the feeder drum and chain, all threshing components, beater and chopper will be replaced. Are there any other parts or upgrades that a guy should do at this time? Sunnybrook concaves? Plastic feeder chain slats?
Anchorffams is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 06:18 PM
rod
Senior Member
 
rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Ostraya"
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorffams View Post
Yes the rock did damage to the top rotor covers. Basically the feeder drum and chain, all threshing components, beater and chopper will be replaced. Are there any other parts or upgrades that a guy should do at this time? Sunnybrook concaves? Plastic feeder chain slats?
If the top covers are damaged, replace them with adjustable covers. Sunnybrook concaves are very good in a CR plus you have the benefit of replacing the box sections only if you damage them.
rod is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod View Post
If the top covers are damaged, replace them with adjustable covers. Sunnybrook concaves are very good in a CR plus you have the benefit of replacing the box sections only if you damage them.
I talked to the dealer about wanting to put the twin pitch rotors in and they're saying we will need to change the first separator grate after the concaves. This seems like foo foo dust to me. Is this true? If so how come?
Anchorffams is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 08:15 PM
rod
Senior Member
 
rod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: "Ostraya"
Posts: 1,843
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 292 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorffams View Post
I talked to the dealer about wanting to put the twin pitch rotors in and they're saying we will need to change the first separator grate after the concaves. This seems like foo foo dust to me. Is this true? If so how come?
What type of separator grates do you have installed currently? Are all three the large skip wire type ...... gap is about 50mm wide.
If you have these installed, they’re fine. You can just make a clip on cover to go in the centre of each section so as to give you flexibility in dry brittle canola conditions.
Make sure the TP rotors have grain bars over the concaves & spiked bars over the separation area. From memory, there’s 44 bars in total on each rotor, so you need 22 spiked bars on each rotor.

rod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking to buy 1st combine, opinions? robmgrig John Deere 32 03-06-2011 11:23 PM
The push button Combine [ & Tractor ] rom Gleaner 113 04-17-2010 09:40 PM
NH Combine History - Part 1 greatsilver New Holland 10 05-05-2009 06:25 AM
homemade twin rotor redpainter Case IH 21 01-07-2008 08:53 PM
1 Combine can do more than 2 casefarmer Case IH 16 11-07-2006 09:57 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome