Steinbauer chips - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:29 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Steinbauer chips

I used the no def module and it works great but I put a H.P. chip in my T9020 and I’m sure it’s the reason my tractor now burns oil I wondering if that could be the cause ? Turning up injector pressure and wearing components where fuel is sprayed into motor
Is this possible ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Maybe! The one I drive in the spring is set up similar, it’s a 600 Quad. It was very stingy on oil when it was brand new but did seem to increase its oil consumption and make it darker as the engine seasoned. It was two or three years old when it got the power module, so I can’t say one caused the other. We have shortened the oil change interval down to 200-250 hours. I would consider its oil usage very modest and normal for 4000 hours of mostly hard work.

The interesting thing about Steinbauer power modules (if?) that’s what you are using, is they in no circumstance increase fuel rail pressure or initial injection timing, instead they add duration time to each one of the micro injection pulses of the electronic injectors during the power stroke. This leaves the engine with an almost identical operating personality.

For what it’s worth I know people that had one of those engines on extended oil change intervals in a combine at standard power and it blew up.

Last edited by Haystack; 06-09-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page