honey bee table auger - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 04:45 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
honey bee table auger

fitted second hand top table auger to honey bee today I went in series with the draper motors to drive auger the table auger drives way to quick. I was going to put a flow divider on it that you can get at any hyd shop. what have others done I don't want to restrict the flow of oil to the other drive motors because they run in series
regards

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 06:58 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
You T off main supply to the flow valve for the cross auger. Return oil from the Cross auger then goes back the next Draper motor hose

That way the cross auger only drives off what oil flow you give it. Main flow is still driving the drapers

Basically the cross auger is in a loop circuit 2nd to the main Draper circuit, with controlled flow by the valve

Hope that makes sense.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

yep makes sense that will make it a **** of a lot cheaper and so I put an adjustable orifice/ flow controller to regulate that speed?
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 06:17 AM
John Force - Legend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Yep, but Iam not sure if you need a one way valve on the return of the cross auger or whether you go straight to tank with it.
Iam just a dum farm boy..........

Draw a simple picture on paper at your local Hyd shop and they will set you right.

Square box........
Round pizza.......
Triangle pieces....

Iam confused......

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
I'll have to look, but i think our pea auger is run off the return flow from the reel and not the draper. There is a flow regulator on the right hand side of the head to control the on off and speed of the auger. Its only 25 feet and ran fast enough to do the job. Maybe they have different plumbing on the bigger headers?

Statistics are like a Bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal, is vital.

Aaron Levenstien
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2019, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 815 Post(s)
Ours is in series with the left hand draper motor. Flow goes through draper motor, to cross auger and back to the line that was removed from outlet of draper motor. There is a flow control built into the cross auger motor that allows you to regulate how much is bypassed at the auger. I can open the bypass enough to completely stop cross auger.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 03:43 PM Thread Starter

draper motor

I put a tee in draper motor and fitted a adjustable orifice to regulate the motor speed
thanks for the help guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page