Cr9070 - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mags

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Cr9070

Hey guys having trouble with my return elevators pluggin climbing hills? Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Is the crop tough and green straw? Assuming one of the two or both this time year. I thought green would have been out after killing frost here 3 weeks ago but still have some in field today. Open bottom sieve and turn up fan a bit. I run concave bit more open and rotors faster than book settings on rotary than book settings. Been running a CX last couple years so my memory on CR may be bit off.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks Mags, ya I opened the bottom sieve a little helped out sample wasn't as clean and yes straw was tough. Been a wet tough year getting the crop off. Thanks for the advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2019, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
I use 2 setting on a similar combine. You have that switch that allows 2 different settings. When climbing a hill, I toggle the switch to lower the fan speed (about 100) and open the lower sieve. When on top I toggle the other way. It is a bit of pain setting up the 2 settings but eventually I get them where I want them. Don't forget concave clearance is on 2nd page of the setup - so keep it the same on both toggles if that is what you desire!

It is the cheap man's version of opti-clean! The reason for the occurrence is the change of the tilt of the sieve which changes your fan throat characteristics. Going up hills, you drive the material further back so you need to decrease fan speed! I believe that is what "opti-clean" software option does. It coordinates fan speed with the pendulum position (JMO).

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by RunninREDharD; 10-22-2019 at 12:25 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 02:20 AM

[QUOTE=RunninREDharD;3367843]I use 2 setting on a similar combine. You have that switch that allows 2 different settings. When climbing a hill, I toggle the switch to lower the fan speed (about 100) and open the lower sieve. When on top I toggle the other way. It is a bit of pain setting up the 2 settings but eventually I get them where I want them. Don't forget concave clearance is on 2nd page of the setup - so keep it the same on both toggles if that is what you desire!

Where is this switch? I do this manually on real hilly 1/4. I think it’s worth it, especially in canola but what a pain in the as*.
Vers375 likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
Where is this switch? I do this manually on real hilly 1/4. I think it’s worth it, especially in canola but what a pain in the as*.
On my 970 it is next to the feed reverser switch. Has a combine with the number 2 on it.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 12:41 PM

Great thanks! Always wondered what that button was for! Haha....
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
Great thanks! Always wondered what that button was for! Haha....

The other important matter to note is that in one of the menus, you have to turn the ACS "on". If it is "off", the ACS icon will never show up on your monitor display. I can't remember where that option shows up (toolbox?)? Failure to turn it on, renders the physical button "useless".

So look at your display and make sure you have an ACS icon that shows up with all the rest o the icons at same level toolbox etc. If it isn't there, you have to make it appear!

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page