Big things coming.... - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 9Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
In my opinion I think gleaner could increase capcity a lot (for corn guys anyway) without building a machine like the others. If Gleaner would just put unload auger out the right side of the combine it would be a huge deal. A combine that stays in motion with a 12 row head might even out do a machine with a 16 row head that is always stopped to unload...at a fraction of the cost!

For the corn guys with long row length and or high yields they currently have to harvest in lands and each time they "break though" to make the lands they have to stop and wiggle around to dump. This is incredibly inefficient time wise and keeps many with 8 row heads!

A 12 row machine that never stops or wastes time turning on the ends would harvest a lot. I think this concept would fit in with the gleaner mantra perfectly.

No other design would allow for this extra auger as easily or cheaply as gleaner.

I really feel this would be a difference maker for U.S. corn guys!

brian is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Murphysboro IL
Posts: 259
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
why would they even bother trying too build something bigger when they can't even get the parts or the software too fix the empty promises they call field campaigns???? dealers don't have parts and customers have new machines that have many issues I would think that they would have bigger fish too fry!!! Maybe they could even get somebody too put the right information in the owners manual so when you want too change the engine oil you could look in the book too find out how much oil too put in it!!!! but what the heck build a big one make a bunch of roadshows and brag them up......... wait a minute didn't they already do that with the S series.

lostcause is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Jeff-C-IL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,073
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
In 2016, Gleaners will finally get the new cab and controls the Massey has run for some time. Proportional valving, Can bus architecture, etc. Touch screen user interface, etc. It will be a big improvement.
Jeff-C-IL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-04-2015, 10:59 PM
fhb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
IMO the new cab should have come out for the S series...well at least the S8 series.
fhb is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 04:04 AM
Senior Member
 
SWFarmService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Regent, SW North Dakota
Posts: 9,705
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2673 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-C-IL View Post
In 2016, Gleaners will finally get the cab and controls the Massey has run for some time. Proportional valving, Can bus architecture, etc. The user interface, etc. It will be a big improvement.
My harvesters ran with the prototype dudes last year and they absolutely hated the new cab, couldnt stand the monitoring system, thought it was a huge step backwards, everything was in a mess of pages on the single monitor.
SWFarmService is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
My harvesters ran with the prototype dudes last year and they absolutely hated the new cab, couldnt stand the monitoring system, thought it was a huge step backwards, everything was in a mess of pages on the single monitor.
I am completly satisfied with the cab they have now, was told the new cabs had a few bugs in them, this one is simple to operate and works just fine. Maybe clean up the corner post a little, by making them narrower. JMO!
flatfoot likes this.
gleaner-r76 is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
SWFarmService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Regent, SW North Dakota
Posts: 9,705
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2673 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleaner-r76 View Post
I am completly satisfied with the cab they have now, was told the new cabs had a few bugs in them, this one is simple to operate and works just fine. Maybe clean up the corner post a little, by making them narrower. JMO!
They hated how the cornerpost, the monitor up top, gps yield monitor all in one, just about everything was a glance away, now its burried in seperate screens, they hope they listened about at least having a temp guage, oil press, engine and rotor tach some place other than in the monitor and I do agree with them, these vitals should be available at all time
SWFarmService is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 06:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,017
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
In my opinion I think gleaner could increase capcity a lot (for corn guys anyway) without building a machine like the others. If Gleaner would just put unload auger out the right side of the combine it would be a huge deal. A combine that stays in motion with a 12 row head might even out do a machine with a 16 row head that is always stopped to unload...at a fraction of the cost!

For the corn guys with long row length and or high yields they currently have to harvest in lands and each time they "break though" to make the lands they have to stop and wiggle around to dump. This is incredibly inefficient time wise and keeps many with 8 row heads!

A 12 row machine that never stops or wastes time turning on the ends would harvest a lot. I think this concept would fit in with the gleaner mantra perfectly.

No other design would allow for this extra auger as easily or cheaply as gleaner.

I really feel this would be a difference maker for U.S. corn guys!

How so? I would think that a turret design like CNH or JD would be the easiest. central sump and a center mounted turret.

IMO the Gleaner Swivel or the Massey grain cart style joint, while super simple and IMO the best setup out there for dumping off one side, would frankly suck for a dual sided unloader arrangement.

IMO the turrets on CNH and JD suck in many ways (slow, complex, high wear, etc), but they can unload at any angle, and that huge positive attribute is what will make it the choice for any future design that unloads off both sides.

Our farm purchases a combine soley on its ability to do an excellent job in all of our crops, while being fuel efficient, reliable, ruggedly built, and easy to repair. That is why we choose a Gleaner.
gmguy is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 08:24 PM
fhb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
They hated how the cornerpost, the monitor up top, gps yield monitor all in one, just about everything was a glance away, now its burried in seperate screens, they hope they listened about at least having a temp guage, oil press, engine and rotor tach some place other than in the monitor and I do agree with them, these vitals should be available at all time

Yeah maybe a combination series 2 and series 5/6/7 would be the ticket.

I have a similar experience with my new RAV4 SUV with GPS screen. The genius's at Toyota buried the nav screen 3-4 menus in. Makes no sense from an efficiency and ease of use point of view. One of my biggest complaints with the vehicle so I can understand where your guys are coming from. And that's why I would find it hard to part with my separate Ag Leader screen. When I bought my 5 series awhile back I tossed out the Fieldstar and put in AL.

What are your bets that AGCO listened to this negative feedback and made some changes? Slim to none would be my guess.

Last edited by fhb; 07-06-2015 at 12:54 PM.
fhb is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-05-2015, 09:52 PM
Senior Member
 
SWFarmService's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Regent, SW North Dakota
Posts: 9,705
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2673 Post(s)
Its hard to say, my cutters are like me, happy to share an opinion weather someone else likes it or not, the prototype guys seem to like that about them, they have 6 combines and have been running gleaners for over 40 years so we will see, this was the one thing they really made thier voice heard and they have got thier way a few times so keep your fingers crossed, it was supposed to be realease this year but they had kicked it off till 16 so there might be some hope

SWFarmService is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome