Something new is coming - Page 15 - The Combine Forum
 91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #141 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFarmService View Post
Did they put a temp/oil/fuel guage seperate from the monitoring system somplace? My guys were bagging for that feature to be added
No there are no gauges like before. The new monitor can be divided into 4 sections to display various functions of the machine. The monitor will also produce live yield maps. Joint venture with Ag Leader.

SWFarmService likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:16 AM

post #143 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 01:16 AM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #144 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 04:04 AM
Ken Adams

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
khigerd - Thanks for posting pic's! looks good - one thing I have come to appreciate about Gleaner is just steady improvements!!

post #145 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Looks like a massive Fendt influence in the cab. Can't decide if I like that or not
post #146 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 07:11 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4659 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by khigerd View Post
Hydro handle. XR feature is now automatic. 0-70% handle travel is 'low range' and shift up to 'hi range' when the handle is pushed further.

Enlighten me on this one please.
What is an XR feature?
By having the 0 to 70% as a low range hydro handle action more progressive and linear I gather?

What is rated and max power levels?

Nice pics btw.
post #147 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by westaus View Post
Looks like a massive Fendt influence in the cab. Can't decide if I like that or not
That's because it's a fendt cab. First seen on their forage harvesters and now European built massey and fendt combines. I like it.
post #148 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boles View Post
Enlighten me on this one please.
What is an XR feature?
By having the 0 to 70% as a low range hydro handle action more progressive and linear I gather?

What is rated and max power levels?

Nice pics btw.
The XR hydro is a two speed hydro motor introduced on the S8 series combines. At the flip of a switch, you can switch between high and low range on the fly when conditions get tough so you don't have to stop and downshift the transmission. ie going up a steep hill with a loaded grain bin. On the S8's, it feels like a power shift when you flip the switch from high to low or visa versa. On the S9's, the feel is seamless and automatic.

As far as rated and max power, I don't have the specs in front of me at this time but I believe they are unchanged from the S8 series.
post #149 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
New cab is awesome!!! It does have a lot more room and a fridge under the buddy seat. The front fold ladder is really nice, the transmission is electrically shifted as well as automatically locked into park, it also automatically shift the two speed hydro depending on how much torque it needs. There is a nudge button for the auto steer on the back of the hydro handle as well as sv1&2 cruise. The 9255 draper has a redesigned end shoes and a medium height skid shoe for all applications, the end skid is 3 in narrower, and also features a all new Agco built reel! Really was impressed with the changes they are making!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1447336128446.jpg (1.30 MB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg image_1447336152199.jpg (1.69 MB, 241 views)
post #150 of 225 (permalink) Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Barn
Quote:
Originally Posted by khigerd View Post
The XR hydro is a two speed hydro motor introduced on the S8 series combines. At the flip of a switch, you can switch between high and low range on the fly when conditions get tough so you don't have to stop and downshift the transmission. ie going up a steep hill with a loaded grain bin. On the S8's, it feels like a power shift when you flip the switch from high to low or visa versa. On the S9's, the feel is seamless and automatic.

As far as rated and max power, I don't have the specs in front of me at this time but I believe they are unchanged from the S8 series.
Thanks for the updates on what is new. I'll throw out a serious concern for our area though. I hope there is a way to lock the two speed hydro in low and not have it manually upshift. We have two combines with the two speed hydro and love the feature and one was put on our S77 and have run it four seasons now.

If going uphill over 70% hydro in high range will it sense the pressure and go to low range? Or will you have to pull back and feel the shift point? I would think the same would be asked for wet tough spots. There has to be more to it than just hydro position.

For us the more important question is going downhill. With the current one speed hydro going downhill you actually have to hold the hydro in reverse and letting go and it will go to the neutral position which is full hydro plus some so 7 mph in second gear. The by wire will hopefully change actually physically fighting it to keep it slowed down. With the hydro in low range you can actually go down hills in a forward direction on the hydro but we operate at 70% plus in low range and don't need to be going downhill and have it seamlessly jump into high range and then have to pull back on the hydro to presumably reverse like we have to even in high range on the two speed hydro. A combine lurching forward followed by a pull back usually sets the header in the ground and the rear wheels in the air. When I'm going downhill I want to know what range it is in and want it to remain there. The last thing I want is a seemless upshift throwing the combine into a freewheel situation followed by a possible end-over with a longer feederhouse putting the weight further forward.

Since there is only three Gleaner dealers in the PNW and one that specializes in the hills that hasn't had one of these automatic shifting units to give feedback on, I will be waiting for Gleaner to get one out here for testing to find out how it really reacts in the hills so that my concerns can be laid to rest before purchasing one of these units.

Take a look at the picture Gleaner of the tractor and air drill that has to deadhead up hill to seed. The Gleaner will not pull that and must come down around. It is 900 feet in elevation to the valley floor and I don't need a combine deciding it wants to go there faster than I do because the hydro got pushed a little too far. Let us be able to manually lock it into the desired range in addition to the auto mode. If you have already then great and thank you. It will be a REQUIREMENT in our conditions. When focusing on the hills we don't need to have to focus on where the hydro is to keep it from shifting on us.

Our lives are in your hands on these hills and there is no room for a second chance it has to be right the first time. I hope Gleaner clarifies this soon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1907983_10203641060648919_4734634684309938372_n.jpg (56.2 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg R76onHill.jpg (91.4 KB, 112 views)
corknutz, gmguy and Snipe like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page