Gleaner versus others in a test in Ukraine - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 14Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,427
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhusker View Post
Kind of satisfying to see on tables 3 and 4 of the article the Gleaner which was the only class 7 of the tests, outperformed the lexion and new holland in capacity, was right up there with the case, and had the lowest fuel consumption of all brands.
Interesting to see how the new holland did, a 9.8 compared to a class 7 Gleaner. Wow.



Don, its a pretty good test, formatting lost a bit of info, but its summarized in the charts. They at least did the same thing to each combine. I wish more of this was done here in Alberta. 100 bushel wheat, nice crop. We should fund more varietal development

BrianTee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: NW of Fargo, with cows by Williston(long story)
Posts: 179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochia View Post
Well let's hope they stay over there...I don't think the North American market would take well to another red combine.

Just my experience with seeing people's reactions when colors change.
The agco guys sure seem to get their parties in a knot over the color and name on the side....
Well it didn't go well for Allis, IH, agco, Case, white, MM, Oliver, etc.

From what I can tell that is a claas combine, would you like it in Massey red with big Massey stickers on it? Then there would be only 4 red machines on the market, of similar design.


Last edited by kochia; 01-24-2019 at 12:59 AM.
kochia is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM
Member
 
Hardrock acres's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NE Sask - Gods Country
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Yes some people are upset that the german units are not green, white. color doe not affect performance
Hardrock acres is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Greenwater lake area Sask
Posts: 779
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Gleaner does build a good combine. How fast a combine goes is not what's important to me. Crop quality, and the ability to run from one crop to another without spending hrs pulling wires and adjusting every little thing trying to keep the crop in the hopper is painful to me. My old Gleaners would go from wheat that is tough, to dry, to canola, to beans with a few adjustments that take 3 minutes tops. I hate having to rebuild a combine for each crop. I have 2 sets of concaves for my MF 9790 and when I do wheat I put in 3 narrow wire ones behind the first one, and leave the rest wide spaces concaves in. When I go to beans I switch them to wide. Not my favorite job and the old gleaner just goes to the field and back to wheat if needed with no headache. Other than 2 feeder chains to maintain and replacing accelerator rolls every 3 yrs they are a great machine and simple as ****.
dookiller is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,427
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Gleaner does build a good combine. How fast a combine goes is not what's important to me. Crop quality, and the ability to run from one crop to another without spending hrs pulling wires and adjusting every little thing trying to keep the crop in the hopper is painful to me. My old Gleaners would go from wheat that is tough, to dry, to canola, to beans with a few adjustments that take 3 minutes tops. I hate having to rebuild a combine for each crop. I have 2 sets of concaves for my MF 9790 and when I do wheat I put in 3 narrow wire ones behind the first one, and leave the rest wide spaces concaves in. When I go to beans I switch them to wide. Not my favorite job and the old gleaner just goes to the field and back to wheat if needed with no headache. Other than 2 feeder chains to maintain and replacing accelerator rolls every 3 yrs they are a great machine and simple as ****.

We put nylon chains in the 72 and 75 this past year, highly recommended. Quiet and light, going to be less maintenance.



Also went to stainless rolls.Never look at them again.
BrianTee is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gull Lake SW Saskatchewan
Posts: 3,987
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Interesting to see how the new holland did, a 9.8 compared to a class 7 Gleaner. Wow.



Don, its a pretty good test, formatting lost a bit of info, but its summarized in the charts. They at least did the same thing to each combine. I wish more of this was done here in Alberta. 100 bushel wheat, nice crop. We should fund more varietal development
Yield likely more to do with a meter or two of rick black top soil. Still seed varieties being used in Ukraine that’s older than Canada.
Snipe is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Vermilion Alberta Canada
Posts: 5,427
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Yield likely more to do with a meter or two of rick black top soil. Still seed varieties being used in Ukraine that’s older than Canada.

Guess i should have said that part was sarcasm.
Snipe and Swinky like this.
BrianTee is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Dalemead,AB
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey Brian! Did you go all stainless accelerator rolls? I’ve read of guys doing half & half with the stainless and upgraded orange poly/plastic ones. The ones that came with our S77’s were brutal, wore out way faster than previous combines had. Put Gibson ones in and much better life. The upgraded Agco ones are supposed to be equal to the Gibson for wear.
Swinky is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 AM
pga
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gibson one are 2 time better than the orange agco one believe me and best march are one stainless roll and one orange.
pga is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Griffith NSW Australia
Posts: 1,400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
It would be interesting to see these test done over several season on 1 machine so downtime and maintenance cost could also be evaluated.

silverrod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gleaner S67 experience farmerleach Gleaner 19 11-20-2013 06:59 PM
Back to Gleaner!!! gleaner-r76 Gleaner 55 11-26-2012 12:50 AM
nebraska fuel test 85farmer Tractors 10 04-01-2010 03:00 AM
Gleaner History: 30 years of Natural Flow greatsilver Gleaner 7 04-24-2009 10:59 AM
Gleaner @ Farm Progress Show Presentations agcodealer Gleaner 0 08-22-2008 08:52 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome