Gleaner versus others in a test in Ukraine - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2372 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverhusker View Post
Kind of satisfying to see on tables 3 and 4 of the article the Gleaner which was the only class 7 of the tests, outperformed the lexion and new holland in capacity, was right up there with the case, and had the lowest fuel consumption of all brands.
Interesting to see how the new holland did, a 9.8 compared to a class 7 Gleaner. Wow.

Don, its a pretty good test, formatting lost a bit of info, but its summarized in the charts. They at least did the same thing to each combine. I wish more of this was done here in Alberta. 100 bushel wheat, nice crop. We should fund more varietal development

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kochia View Post
Well let's hope they stay over there...I don't think the North American market would take well to another red combine.

Just my experience with seeing people's reactions when colors change.
The agco guys sure seem to get their parties in a knot over the color and name on the side....
Well it didn't go well for Allis, IH, agco, Case, white, MM, Oliver, etc.

From what I can tell that is a claas combine, would you like it in Massey red with big Massey stickers on it? Then there would be only 4 red machines on the market, of similar design.

Last edited by kochia; 01-24-2019 at 12:59 AM.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Yes some people are upset that the german units are not green, white. color doe not affect performance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Gleaner does build a good combine. How fast a combine goes is not what's important to me. Crop quality, and the ability to run from one crop to another without spending hrs pulling wires and adjusting every little thing trying to keep the crop in the hopper is painful to me. My old Gleaners would go from wheat that is tough, to dry, to canola, to beans with a few adjustments that take 3 minutes tops. I hate having to rebuild a combine for each crop. I have 2 sets of concaves for my MF 9790 and when I do wheat I put in 3 narrow wire ones behind the first one, and leave the rest wide spaces concaves in. When I go to beans I switch them to wide. Not my favorite job and the old gleaner just goes to the field and back to wheat if needed with no headache. Other than 2 feeder chains to maintain and replacing accelerator rolls every 3 yrs they are a great machine and simple as ****.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookiller View Post
Gleaner does build a good combine. How fast a combine goes is not what's important to me. Crop quality, and the ability to run from one crop to another without spending hrs pulling wires and adjusting every little thing trying to keep the crop in the hopper is painful to me. My old Gleaners would go from wheat that is tough, to dry, to canola, to beans with a few adjustments that take 3 minutes tops. I hate having to rebuild a combine for each crop. I have 2 sets of concaves for my MF 9790 and when I do wheat I put in 3 narrow wire ones behind the first one, and leave the rest wide spaces concaves in. When I go to beans I switch them to wide. Not my favorite job and the old gleaner just goes to the field and back to wheat if needed with no headache. Other than 2 feeder chains to maintain and replacing accelerator rolls every 3 yrs they are a great machine and simple as ****.

We put nylon chains in the 72 and 75 this past year, highly recommended. Quiet and light, going to be less maintenance.

Also went to stainless rolls.Never look at them again.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTee View Post
Interesting to see how the new holland did, a 9.8 compared to a class 7 Gleaner. Wow.

Don, its a pretty good test, formatting lost a bit of info, but its summarized in the charts. They at least did the same thing to each combine. I wish more of this was done here in Alberta. 100 bushel wheat, nice crop. We should fund more varietal development
Yield likely more to do with a meter or two of rick black top soil. Still seed varieties being used in Ukraine that’s older than Canada.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Yield likely more to do with a meter or two of rick black top soil. Still seed varieties being used in Ukraine that’s older than Canada.

Guess i should have said that part was sarcasm.
Snipe and Swinky like this.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey Brian! Did you go all stainless accelerator rolls? I’ve read of guys doing half & half with the stainless and upgraded orange poly/plastic ones. The ones that came with our S77’s were brutal, wore out way faster than previous combines had. Put Gibson ones in and much better life. The upgraded Agco ones are supposed to be equal to the Gibson for wear.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 12:09 AM
pga

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Gibson one are 2 time better than the orange agco one believe me and best march are one stainless roll and one orange.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 02:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
It would be interesting to see these test done over several season on 1 machine so downtime and maintenance cost could also be evaluated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page