like regular shirt on green-stemmed soybeans - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 01:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
like regular shirt on green-stemmed soybeans

Hi, I'm working on green soybeans with an open rotor r62. What are the measures that advise on the shirts? The power box is reformed, I am using it at maximum speed ... I am thinking that maybe it will improve by increasing the turns to 900 in the rotor, and closing the entrance and the shirts so that I took pieces of material smaller ... The floor of the picador I got it down and I changed the exit plate, I put a kicker and I took it to 1800 turns. I put big pulley with double strap b .... What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 11:36 AM
tbk

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Chovich View Post
Hi, I'm working on green soybeans with an open rotor r62. What are the measures that advise on the shirts? The power box is reformed, I am using it at maximum speed ... I am thinking that maybe it will improve by increasing the turns to 900 in the rotor, and closing the entrance and the shirts so that I took pieces of material smaller ... The floor of the picador I got it down and I changed the exit plate, I put a kicker and I took it to 1800 turns. I put big pulley with double strap b .... What do you think?
Ok, I'm guessing your r62 has a standard rotor. Don't know about shirts, but guess the concave clearance ought to be @ 1/2" and you've got the rotor turning maximum speed. Now, are you talking about green stem soybeans or literally green, unripened soybeans? Makes a difference. Can't help with the picador or exit plate, can you explain further?

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

The soy bean is dry but the plant does not finish drying and still has green stems. Growing a lot of volume In the second shirt, the one on the left looking from the hatch, I get a lot of Granda Chafer causing me to lose grains in a concentrated groove of soybeans and granza on the side of the spilled tail. modify the camel's back of the feeding box. I took the chain as far forward as possible to improve delivery. I took out the picador and put a tank with paddles in yes. Original open rotor 8 barras. his replacement. Turn the turns to 1800. I took out the simple strap c and I put strap b. I lowered the floor of the picador a little and I took out the camel's back doing it straight so that the waste went from a lower angle to the exit spool ... any suggestions? One impression is that by tightening the shirts with 900 rotor turns, the feed mouth at its maximum speed is working a little better ... Could it be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

It works better that way. Can it be ??? I'm afraid of ruining the rotor case ...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:40 PM
tbk

Ok, I think I'm starting to understand. You've got green stem soybeans to contend with and you've got rotor loss because the grain is trapped in the trash as it exits the rotor. What you need to do is shake the beans out of the trash before it leaves the rotor!

There's a couple fairly easy ways to do this. One way would be to put an f2 concave rasp bar or two near the bottom of the separating side of the concave...look at the pictures in the hyper mod link. This will trip the trash up and help release the trapped grain. The other would be to remove every other cylinder bar from every other row of bars from the separating side of the rotor. This too would help trip and shake out or release trapped grain. Again, go to the hyper mods link and look at the pictures for a clearer explanation.

I think you've got your cylinder speed and concave clearance about right. I don't think there's much risk in bursting or breaking the rotor gear box if that's what you mean.

Let us know if this all makes sense!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Thank you!!! I use the Google translator to move to Spanish / English. they are technical words and that makes communication difficult. yes that's my problem! does not finish separating the cereal from the cage ... with a precision rotor, this would be solved? it will be good to modify the left shirt by round iron ?? thanks for the response and the extra effort to understand ...
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 01:21 PM
tbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Chovich View Post
Thank you!!! I use the Google translator to move to Spanish / English. they are technical words and that makes communication difficult. yes that's my problem! does not finish separating the cereal from the cage ... with a precision rotor, this would be solved? it will be good to modify the left shirt by round iron ?? thanks for the response and the extra effort to understand ...
If you mean some sort of enclosed rotor, like from PFP, then probably. The way they're built kind of gives some of the high/low effect that helps in shaking the loose grain out of the trash. I'm sure the work you've done to the feeder house floor will help even out feeding in those green stem beans as well.

Not quite sure what you mean by modifying the left shirt by round iron.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page