What are the downsides of Gleaners? - Page 13 - The Combine Forum
 118Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MF-GLNRmbman View Post
Deadalus I'm not sure where you heard that Massey combines are in their last year of production but to my knowledge they're still up and selling. Agwest has been telling everyone they're selling ideal from what I've heard but nothing in ink according to the agco rep at farm progress.
I have heard from TWO different Massey dealers that this is the last year of production for the North American MF combine. It's possible that they have been given incorrect information by their AGCO rep. Regardless, there is probably enough inventory to keep selling new MF units for at least another year. When they asked if the IDEAL would become available as a Massey in North America (like everywhere else in the world), they were told NO.

I haven't spoken to anybody from AgWest in about a month, but the last time I did they were still telling me the exact same thing that they have been telling me since last summer: They sell Claas combines, and do not have a contract to sell IDEAL.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2777 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadalus View Post
I haven't spoken to anybody from AgWest in about a month, but the last time I did they were still telling me the exact same thing that they have been telling me since last summer: They sell Claas combines, and do not have a contract to sell IDEAL.
But they can sell you a Gleaner! In fact I bet if you showed up with your checkbook they would sell you anything, including the dealership....then you could make your own decisions and have anonymous people complain about you on the internet.

Honestly they are doing everyone a favor by NOT selling the IDEAL in 2019. First year units are never good. These things will sort themselves out soon enough.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #123 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
I'm still placing my bets on AGCO completely screwing up the launch of the Ideal, making it flop before it ever gets a run, and in the mean time beating the Massey and Gleaner brand names into the mud so deep they will crawl back out of it. Doesn't matter how great a machine is, if it's not marketed right, it will never go anywhere. Wonder how the guys that have just bought a new Massey combine feel now that their new machine will be obsolete in a year? Should be great for resale.

It's easy enough to be pleasant, when life goes by like a song. But the man worth while, is the man with a smile, when everything goes dead wrong!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-15-2019, 11:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2777 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
I'm still placing my bets on AGCO completely screwing up the launch of the Ideal, making it flop before it ever gets a run, and in the mean time beating the Massey and Gleaner brand names into the mud so deep they will crawl back out of it. Doesn't matter how great a machine is, if it's not marketed right, it will never go anywhere. Wonder how the guys that have just bought a new Massey combine feel now that their new machine will be obsolete in a year? Should be great for resale.
From what I heard there is units sold in SK and AB, mostly to guys that actually ran one last fall. Seems like a pretty measured introduction to me.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #125 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
My dealer has 9 of them coming in it will be interesting to see how they pan out. I will likely never own one but it’s alway nice to see something new and different hit the market.
post #126 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 09:06 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4603 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
My dealer has 9 of them coming in
Where is this biggest Ideal combine dealer in the world?
post #127 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
One landlord I deal with just said another large farm he deals with has 7 Ideal’s on the way for this harvest.

They are trading JD’s.

I just find it incredibly odd they didn’t pick Gleaners?

SW SK BTW
post #128 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 08:48 PM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4603 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesixpack View Post
One landlord I deal with just said another large farm he deals with has 7 Ideals on the way for this harvest.

They are trading JDs.
That is a huge leap of faith.
post #129 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 09:10 PM

Quoted: 1135 Post(s)
Isn’t it! When I asked why they were leaving the comfort of mother Deere I got the answer I least expected! Uptime and and service cost.

Fendt and their service package looks real good on paper at least.

That much iron at a go probably comes with a service truck!
post #130 of 161 (permalink) Old 07-20-2019, 11:27 PM
wtw

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
New Gleaner dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadalus View Post
I've been arguing this for a whole year now.

There are no Ideal dealers in Manitoba. The Masseys are going away. That leaves Drummond's and Shoal Lake as the only AGCO (Gleaner) combine stores in the whole province for next year.
Little Morden Service has also taken on Gleaner.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page