macdon d60 feeding peas issues is honey bee airflex better on gleaner - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By shmiffy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 07:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
macdon d60 feeding peas issues is honey bee airflex better on gleaner

Have a 40ft d60 with pea auger on a gleaner S97. When the peas get about 3ft from the feeder house they stall out pile up. Then they either go over reel and then take a double wad of peas in and plug feeder house or they stall out then pile up then feed all in at once plugging the header. We have tried reel fore and aft at 4-5, 6-7, 8. Reel going really slow, medium then pretty fast. Faster reel speed helped but had massive head losses because of it. If we went exact same reel speed to travel speed or 1mph fast it made the feeding issue worse and would plug up feeder house all of the time. I have 2 NH with D70 doing peas now they have none of these issues.
Is it just the feeder house being narrow being the issue? Does the honey bee airflex feed pea better peas on the gleaner combines?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
The Gleaner will probably hate that kind of feeding the worst. And yeah from the narrow feeder house! That said no combine will like it.

We just don’t do peas much any more but it seemed to me when doing that fluffy strong straw that it helped pulling the reel in and adjusting the aggressiveness of the reel down so it wasn’t pulling it around did seem to keep it traveling to the auger.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Could it be that you need to extend the flyting on the feed auger at the front of the D60? I used to have huge problems running a HB36 on a CIH1688. I was told I would have been better off with a 30 ft HB header where they have no feeding issues. Then, I talked to another man (bought some packer wheels from him on Kajijii!) and he said he has no problems feeding a narrow feeder house with his 36 feet. i can't remember his combine - think it was a Deere? He had said the issue was not bringing it to the center far enough on a narrow feederhouse machine and so will hang up on edges and bottleneck. Maybe that can occur on a MD as well. I have no issues with a Md40 FD75 on a large feederhouse - FWIW.

It is not What you know, it is WHO you know that counts! Currency is a UNIT of debt - not value!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Speed the auger up. Gear change on the end pto shaft
RunninREDharD likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page