Honey Bee Airflex 40ft vs Macdon D60 40ft - The Combine Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kettle

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Honey Bee Airflex 40ft vs Macdon D60 40ft

I am combining flat canary seed. Huge difference in smoothness of feeding in my combine. As I am able to go 1.5mph. With macdon if I went 0.2 mph fast I would go from 55-60% engine load to 85-100% engine load and with it banging. With the honeybee I have to be aware of my engine load as I can be at 95-100% and not know it is going thru so smoothly. The cut is amazing and going around sloughs and bluff where it is muddy no problem. A spot going around a bluff the day before with macdon just got close and was pushing mud, with the honey bee yesterday didn't even know the ground was wet just went over the same area. I am a macdon guy that used to have a custom swathing business but I have to say I am impressed. The biggest reason why I demoed the HB was because on peas it would get close to the feeder house and stop on the canvas then it would either bunch in or fly over the top or back. I had huge header losses as we had to have the reel going so fast to try to reduce this from happening. A guy with a new Hollands narrow feeder house had the same issue with his macdon then demoed a HB and said that issue was gone. Just wondering what other guys that run gleaner that have an FD140 if they still have the same feeding issues as I do with my old D60 in peas, canola and mustard. I am hoping to figure out a way to get a demo on macdon fd140 if I can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Always had the same feeding issue with our narrow feeder NH combines. Still a slight issue with the large feeder house versions. There is something about a MacDon header than just doesn’t feed quite right.

oldguy48 likes this.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Probably a dumb question but what models are the narrow feeder house new Holland’s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
As far as the mud goes, you are comparing a rigid head to a flex head.

Brent.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 802 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
Probably a dumb question but what models are the narrow feeder house new Hollandís?
The ones with smaller rotors. Cr960 9060
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Demoed a D60 on a CR9060 a number of years ago now. If you measure the opening on the header when it is setup for the narrow body it is actually the same width as the opening on the wide body. If the header is setup for a wide body the opening is 10 inches wider than the opening on the feeder. I think our dealer always sent the headers out set for the narrow body and it worked good on the wide body.

The header fed so poorly that by the time I MacDon rep was wanting to come out I had lost enough time that I said no I can't waste the time trying to get it to work I have to keep going with my Honey Bee. I'd had the same problem with the Honey Bee when it was switched from a wide body to a narrow body and the plates under the auger were matched to the wide body. As soon as the proper plates were put in it worked great.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 07:55 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by meskie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags View Post
Probably a dumb question but what models are the narrow feeder house new Holland’s?
The ones with smaller rotors. Cr960 9060
Ok thanks. Don’t see many those around here. New the rotors were smaller as the 17” rotor setting in same manual as 22 when looking stuff up. Didn’t know feeder house was narrower but only makes sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page