What did i do wrong here installing new knife - The Combine Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What did i do wrong here installing new knife

We have a 9250 draper head, 30', changed the knife out for a new one, took the old one out and put it back in exactly the same way and when I started it up the top hold down bar where it overlaps is in an S shape now, broke a couple knives and the one center guard on top, repaired everything and now am wondering what the heck I did wrong. I read in the book and it states to time it, started by doing what it said by having both sides out to full stroke and both knives are showing the same mark, a J on both sides, everything turns fine but haven't started it up again. I talked to the dealer and he said the 2 knives should be overlapped at full out stroke and mine isn't, like I mentioned earlier I did everything exactly the same on replacing as removal, any thoughts or suggestions would be great, thanks, feel silly having a problem changing out a simple thing like a knife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Your new knives may require an overlap kit, a small extension that bolts on top of one knife with a few different sections and perhaps a taller hold down. Just guessing though.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page