How do you set things up to stay logged in? - The Combine Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 07:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 940 Post(s)
How do you set things up to stay logged in?

This might seem like a dumb question, but on my desktop, I used to be able to stay logged in on here all the time. Now it seems I get kicked out after an hour or so of inactivity. Can I change some setting somewhere and get back to where I stay logged in longer, or preferably constantly?

Reason I ask, is I have recently noticed, that when I come on here and am not logged in, a crap load of advertising coming up at the bottom of the page each time I click on the icon to go to last or newest post on any thread. I've checked my Ad Block and everything is working as it should. When I am logged in, these ads are not there, thus why I desire to be able to just stay logged in when accessing the forum from my desktop. I never use my phone to access, simply too much screwing around and ads ads and more ads lol.

Thanks for any advice.
AB.

Contracts are made to be broken, a handshake is the law of God.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
No trouble here, I'm always logged on, have not had to sign in for at least a couple of months.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 07:45 PM

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
At the login screen where you type your username and password, to the right of that there is a remember me box, check the box that will keep you logged in as long as computer is not restarted (not sure on this my mac does) or if your browser history is deleted it will also log you out. Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2911 Post(s)
I thought there was a setting where it automatically logged you off after a certain time of being in-active, but I can't seem to find it now. I thought mine was set for 1 hour as I recall. Maybe yours is set really low?

I have noticed your little green light is never on. Under: User CP>edit options>Use invisible mode, is that turned on?

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies.

Ya I been all thru Control Panel a few days ago, couldn't find anything about setting a log in period. Had recently deleted my browser history, but this issue was happening well before that.

I did see that little Remember Me box, so this time I checked it, so we'll see how it goes.

When I was going thru the Control Panel the other day, I did find out you can set your options that when you click on a thumbnail it is supposed to open in a new window...but don't seem to work lol.
Also found where one can delete pics without having to go back to each thread. In CP under Attachments, there is a list of every pic one has ever posted.

And yes, Swman, I run "incognito" on here lol. Been that way for long while. Someone I was arguing with once made some comment to the effect of me being on here lots or something in a attempt to try to humiliate me or such, so at that time I made the change in my settings. Actually quite a few of us who run under cover of darkness when you start to look. And I admire someone who is observant, cudos to you Swman for noticing

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-09-2016, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
There is a setting to dump history every time you close your browser, that will erase the stay logged in. can't remember where but you must of clicked it when you deleted the history.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 12:20 AM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Funny you should mention that, earlier today had to log in again for no reason, otherwise just had to open the active topics page in a tab and was already logged in, no matter if I had restarted lately or not, let alone closed the page, do that all the time and it stays logged on. Probably have had it going for 2-4 months prior? When not logged in you sure know it with all the pesky adds on the pages! When I have to log in on here its mostly a random, out of the blue event.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Do you log in on two computers? I have the issue where my main laptop stays logged in however my other computer does not. I'm not sure there's any way around that.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Well I feel kind of silly now, lol, checking that little remember me box seems to have done the trick. Funny but on a few different sites, that don't seem to make much difference, and that's why I didn't bother here, but then I'm not the most savvy with these dam computers lol. Honestly I thought it meant it would remember ones user name and password, which it already did, thus why I didn't bother.
Thanks for the advice, and it's so nice not have those annoying ads anymore

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2016, 01:48 PM
crw

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Simple fixes are the best!!!

Combine Pilot and Ben Heide like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page