The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   thecombineforum.com Forum Help Desk (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/98-thecombineforum-com-forum-help-desk/)
-   -   Attention - Upcoming Password Changes (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/98-thecombineforum-com-forum-help-desk/266385-attention-upcoming-password-changes.html)

Administrator 06-15-2016 06:56 PM

Attention - Upcoming Password Changes

Hello Everyone,

Per the latest announcements we will be resetting everyone’s passwords. Shortly you should be receiving an email directing you how to change your password. It will look like this:
Quote:

Subject: Your new password for *site name*
Quote:

Dear *username*,
Your password has been reset by an administrator. Your new details are as follows:
Username: *username*
Password: *Randomly generated temp password*
To change your password, please visit this page: *link to password reset edit page from USERCP*
If you suspect this email is a scam, you can confirm the legitimacy of this email by manually navigate to the forum URL yourself and use your new password to log in.
All the best,
Site Name

As you can see it will give you a randomly generated temporary password, as well as telling you where you need to go to updated it accordingly.
If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues
We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

The Community Support Team

Pissedoff 06-16-2016 10:39 AM

What has happened to the forum?

I did not receive my email and I checked my spam also it also appears as tho no has posted wince last night wtf

Disgruntled 06-16-2016 11:11 AM

The FAIL is strong with thecombineforum's admin. No email here either and by the looks of it no one got one.

Justin Trudeau 06-16-2016 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disgruntled (Post 2467297)
The FAIL is strong with thecombineforum's admin. No email here either and by the looks of it no one got one.

Rest assured that my administration is looking into this very soon. I might be away on holidays but somebody will be sure to form a task force and check this out. Premier Notley told me that all you farmers just went camping all summer so you probably don't need this forum much anyways?

I have also got reports that there has been some grumbling about my style of governance. I can assure you that I don't want to have farmers go broke, they are a great source of revenue!:sFun_mischieviousbi

Anyways, don't forget to pay your taxes. I will check back later, maybe after yoga class...:wink:

Haystack 06-16-2016 02:25 PM

This security breach seems to have happened in February according to the information in this link.However it was just discovered this week. It effects over 1100 enthusiast websites aside from this one. That would explain some of the nefarious marketers that contact via email.

Hackers Infiltrate 45 Million Passwords From Over 1,000 Enthusiast Sites | HotHardware

It is interesting what you can capture with a screen shot when you have do battle in the internals of the electronic world. I wonder how many of these individuals there are or who would use this alias? Anyway, welcome, you're bound learn something on here!

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/...psrcmiptwu.jpg

Haystack 06-16-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin Trudeau (Post 2467353)
Rest assured that my administration is looking into this very soon. I might be away on holidays but somebody will be sure to form a task force and check this out. Premier Notley told me that all you farmers just went camping all summer so you probably don't need this forum much anyways?

I have also got reports that there has been some grumbling about my style of governance. I can assure you that I don't want to have farmers go broke, they are a great source of revenue!:sFun_mischieviousbi

Anyways, don't forget to pay your taxes. I will check back later, maybe after yoga class...:wink:

If you're vacationing in Manitoba can you stop by and give me a hand? I'm stuck to the axels in a swamp.

albertabuck 06-16-2016 04:17 PM

I don't know why so little info is being given as to how to circumvent this stupid debacle that none of us asked for. Obvious that the entire forum ground to a halt for almost 12 hours, so this wasn't just a few of us that didn't get the implied email. And no it did not go into spam or junk either.

Anyway for those still trying to get back on...
I kept trying to log in normally thinking somehow this "forgot password" thing would show up, but kept getting a blank page with one sentence across the top saying some page couldn't be read. Finally figured out where to find it, you go to the Home page, then click on the Register link. There you will find the link for resetting your password. And be prepared to invent another meaningless password that you will need to write down to remember as it is dictated as to how and what characters are required.

Administrator 06-16-2016 04:23 PM

Hey guys,

There is a notice on the top of the page communicating why some of you have not received an email on resetting your password.
We are working on the issue.

Thank you so much :)

~ Glenda

Bearcat 06-16-2016 04:33 PM

My bigest problem was verifying that I am not a robot and enter the words in that little box. You guys have to be kidding on that crap. A human can't decipher that pig scratching. I finally got lucky on the 15th try. Sheesh.

rocker 06-16-2016 05:09 PM

Password

Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 2467393)
Hey guys,

There is a notice on the top of the page communicating why some of you have not received an email on resetting your password.
We are working on the issue.

Thank you so much :)

~ Glenda

I can understand the need for password security, but do we REALLY need to have the super secure multi-faceted password that you are apparently forcing us into. How about easing off on a couple of the requirements (which would still leave a reasonably secure password). This is NOT a bank or Revenue Canada where being hacked could be devastating.