Need TRIBINE on Harvesting Forum - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-28-2016, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Maybe we just need a general combine category to post it...
Good point, maybe turn the Versatile forum into an, Other Combines category.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2911 Post(s)
Versatile is putting a new cab on theirs next year I heard and working on a feeder chain to replace those beaters that sometimes limited capacity. They are making very real improvements and might demand some serious attention if they continue at current pace.

The Tribine does not appeal to me in the least. There was a thread some time ago that basically ripped this concept to shreds. I still haven't seen a video of it unloading on the go yet, and this has been SOP for decades!!!

I would take a wait-and-see approach on this one. Maybe it has a fit somewhere that I am not aware of...

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-29-2016, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by farmbuddy View Post
Yes, they are being built in Newton. "Limited availability" for 2017.... expect around 10 units for 2017. It might become a Kubota Tribine. Prototypes are painted Orange and Black, as Kubota colors. Kubota recently bought Kansas based Great Plains / Land Pride product line. This would help Kubota expand their Ag line in North America. Kubota also has several other aggressive projects related to Ag markets. The Versatile Tractors and Combine are not their only option.
Anything more happening on Kubota and Versatile? Not sure what other options they could have with a similar complimentary situation. Seems Claas is going a different route with Baywa Ag signing a partnership with them and set to open several dealerships in AB under the name Alberta Ag Center
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-30-2016, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMan View Post
Versatile is putting a new cab on theirs next year I heard and working on a feeder chain to replace those beaters that sometimes limited capacity. They are making very real improvements and might demand some serious attention if they continue at current pace.

The Tribine does not appeal to me in the least. There was a thread some time ago that basically ripped this concept to shreds. I still haven't seen a video of it unloading on the go yet, and this has been SOP for decades!!!

I would take a wait-and-see approach on this one. Maybe it has a fit somewhere that I am not aware of...
The Versatile upgrades to new cab and a feederhouse chain will help them. I am still very certain that they will need to change to a Co-Rotation concave to gain the benefits of a bi-rotor configuration. They should also adopt the better concave mounting, similar to expired US patent 5779542 Nylatron Support Bearing for a cage concave. That would get rid of the problematic front roller supports.

The Tribine does have good market potential... there is value in moving the graintank from high in the air...... to the down low position behind the combine... Improves stability, especially with larger headers...
They have relocated the unloading auger forward to the hinge area to improve visibility while unloading... Eventually this unloading process will become autonomous.

Farm Buddy is a registered trademark of Farm Buddy Co. Columbus, IN Ser. No. 74409746
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 885 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 712alberta View Post
Kubota being involved might be interesting. Isn't the base for the Tribine a S series gleaner? Or has that changed? I wonder how Agco would respond?
Apparently this is not the case, though it was for the first prototype.

The production Tribine was engineered to be their own machine from the ground up. Big single axial rotor, completely custom cab, two engines (one on either side of the rotor). Interestingly they have decided to not use a steering wheel, but rather two control stocks.
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Ken Adams

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 327 Post(s)
And from a distance, it still looks like it will break in the middle!!

But you sure have to give them credit for what they have done in a short period of time!

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 07:32 AM
HI!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4696 Post(s)
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 11:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
It's people like this designing stuff that intrigues me. I won't knock the concept of an articulating combine, because until I actually see it in action I can't fault it. The last thing that would happen I would assume would be for it to break in half. You wouldn't go head on investing that kind of money to make a weak point off crack. As far as grain and straw hitting the grain tank I would imagine that doesn't happen. It likely distributes straw on either side. The holding capacity and elimination of the need for a grain cart on large fields has to account for something as well. Every man, and equipment to go with it, lowers the cost of operating a combine in the field which likely more than offsets the 2 engine system. The 2 engine design would have to be robust and bullet proof before many would jump at purchasing one. A 6.7 cummins is bullet proof in trucks so likely not an issue in a combine but time will tell. A set of tracks on this would lower even more compaction. Likely just waiting for the concept to get accepted before that move. It should turn sharp I believe which has advantages over long combines made today. One engine using it's power solely for thrashing is not affected by hills or soft conditions and a full tank. It's capacity would remain consistent regardless the situation. It looks complicated by a picture but doesn't necessarily mean it is. Time will tell and I wish them good luck in thinking outside the box. Cost of operating per acre with one less set of equipment could account for a lot. 2 trucks with one operator alternating in the field with one combine is justifiable. It's not always acres/hr that matters. Your cost/acre is important.
UltraEcho likes this.

Last edited by dookiller; 09-06-2016 at 11:18 AM. Reason: wanted to add last comment rather than repost
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 816 Post(s)
20 years ago i was thinking an articulated frame design would be the future as this would move the clean grain tank to the rear. My thinking was a lot of compromises were being made with layout of engine, cooling and locations of clean grain drives and many other drives in relation to other components in order to accommodate the tank mid frame. I always thought of ways to make things easier to access and work on.

The only draw back i see to the articulated design is evenly spreading residue, the rest of the mechanics seem easily solved and the new found space on the front section could perhaps be used to house a second cleaning fan or something such to aid seperation. I dont think a 1000 bu is necessary, perhaps 500 and use the extra space on the back for a low slung powertrain engine and fuel tank.

While i dont like the way the Tribine was executed, i will be curious to see if the articulated design gets adapted in the future as a means to make more room available to implement new ideas.
torriem likes this.

Last edited by kenmb; 09-06-2016 at 11:27 AM.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 728 Post(s)
I don't get the model that this combine eliminates a grain cart. Isn't the whole point of a grain cart to keep the combine from stopping?

wheatking, SWMan and Geeze like this.

As a farmer, you learn quick: “You don’t get anything that you don’t work hard for”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page