The Combine Forum

The Combine Forum (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/)
-   thecombineforum.com Forum Help Desk (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/98-thecombineforum-com-forum-help-desk/)
-   -   pic max size (https://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/98-thecombineforum-com-forum-help-desk/324498-pic-max-size.html)

marshall 04-17-2018 11:41 PM

pic max size

Tried to upload some pic's and they were too large the message said . Something like 1950 meg was the max . What to doo -- don't know how to make pic's smaller .

wheely 04-17-2018 11:54 PM

Had the same problem last night, never before. Ended up just deleting what I wrote and rejoined the real world. Not happy.

meskie 04-17-2018 11:55 PM

Either email them to yourself in a smaller size or on my phone I've just taken a screen shot of the picture then they seem to be sized right to upload on here.

Highmarker 04-18-2018 12:45 AM

I couldn’t upload a picture either. Normally it would right from my phone. I wonder if something has changed or there is something wrong with the site

phantom970 04-18-2018 08:59 AM

Same here. Dimensions of pic too large error message or something like that. iPhone 6s. My old 4s would upload pics no worries.
There's no settings on this phone that will change it.

Taking a screen shot often defeats the purpose of a large shot........... Not as clear as well.

So Forum Controllers, if your listening. Fix it. Increase the default photo sizes please. These phones aren't going away, and no doubt they might increase their pic capacity in the future.

Need I remind you that iam a FULLY PAID up member which entitles me to post unlimited pics. At the moment I can't post ANY!!

wheely 04-18-2018 09:12 AM

Wasn’t having any problems with iPhone 8 photos until this week

Administrator 04-18-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantom970 (Post 3223409)
Same here. Dimensions of pic too large error message or something like that. iPhone 6s. My old 4s would upload pics no worries.
There's no settings on this phone that will change it.

Taking a screen shot often defeats the purpose of a large shot........... Not as clear as well.

So Forum Controllers, if your listening. Fix it. Increase the default photo sizes please. These phones aren't going away, and no doubt they might increase their pic capacity in the future.

Need I remind you that iam a FULLY PAID up member which entitles me to post unlimited pics. At the moment I can't post ANY!!

What resolution is your phone set to that it's taking photos bigger than 2 megs? I've up'd the attachment limit regardless.

Kyle

phantom970 04-19-2018 05:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Administrator (Post 3223673)
What resolution is your phone set to that it's taking photos bigger than 2 megs? I've up'd the attachment limit regardless.

Kyle

Thanks for the reply Kyle. I can't find that out. There seems to be no adjustable camera settings, just a default setup.

It's not actually the photo KB's it seems to be an actual dimension size is the problem.

I just tried to upload a photo from my gallery.

Administrator 04-19-2018 01:12 PM

Please try uploading a larger photo.
-Philip

RunninREDharD 04-19-2018 01:24 PM

I don't know if this helps but I use an image resizer program. I looked in my download box and I believe it is this one. The one I use, is integrated into Windows 7 (don't know about 10). Right click after hi-lighting files or files and open up the software.

Image Resizer for Windows - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

I don't know if that will help you but it is worth a try.

Just make sure you find the right spot to click on the screen. Advertisers have a nasty way to blend in useless garbage. It should be called ImageResizerSetup.exe when you click ok to download! This is okay for windows computers not sure what you can do with phones?