Database error - Page 2 - The Combine Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 06:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
I got the database error yesterday once (May 19) and today I'm not able to view any attached images. Thumbnails fail to show, and when I click on the link, I get the old 403 forbidden error on /forums/vbseo.php

So something isn't quite right. EDIT: Seems to be affecting other VerticalScope.com -hosted forums as well. So something got messed up on the server!

Last edited by torriem; 05-20-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 48MackEQT View Post
Happening again
and again

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 11:16 PM

Yeah. Looks like the admins need to talk to the ops folks who run the servers. Something isn't right, and it appears to be affecting other forums that VerticalScope.com hosts besides thecombineforum.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 12:00 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 2753 Post(s)
I've seen it too. Also pictures aren't loading properly lately either.

AN ERROR DOESN'T BECOME A MISTAKE UNTIL YOU REFUSE TO CORRECT IT
Orlando A. Battista
post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Hey there,

The site was recently moved to our new server which may be causing these issues.
Can you grab me an example of the picture issue?
The database errors are intermittent server drops but it should be fixed now.

Ed
post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 02:59 PM

Not sure what you mean by grab "an example of the picture issue." It's simple. The thumbnails don't show at all (just a blank spot). I just see a box that says "attached pictures" and there's nothing in it. I can highlight a very small blank spot where the image should be.

If I view the site without logging in, the same thing happens but this time I can see a link to click to view the attached picture. But this leads to a 403 forbidden error with the message "You don't have permission to access /forums/vbseo.php on this server." But even when I'm logged in, clicking to view an attached image is 403 forbidden. And no thumbnails ever right now of course. This is currently happening for me on every topic I've viewed lately.

It's happening on other VerticalScope sites recently also:
Forbidden to view - Honda CBR 300 Forum
'forbidden' message when clicking on thumbnails - BMW K1600 Forum : BMW K1600 GT and GTL Forums

Here's an example of a link that returns forbidden for me, taken from the second message above:
https://www.thecombineforum.com/forum...ror-tcfdbe.jpg -- this link returns an error for me.
Clearly the issue is not affecting all users or viewers, maybe only just a few users. But it's sure annoying for me!
SWMan and 48MackEQT like this.

Last edited by torriem; 05-22-2018 at 03:06 PM.
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
I think that Ed was looking for a link to a post/thread where you noticed the problem happening with the thumbnails. Makes it easier than searching around for posts with thumbnails and that way we can be sure that we test out the same ones that you are. If you're able to send us a link to the posts you saw the problem in, let us know.

Cheers,

Erik
post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 09:36 PM

Like I said, all images attached to posts are not displaying for me. Firefox, Chrome, logged in or not. This topic has an image attached to the second post; I cannot see that. I get the forbidden error message when I do try to click on the blank spot where the thumbnail ought to be.

I haven't seen anyone else state they also have seen this problem on this forum. But it happens to me on multiple machines, different browsers, not logged in or logged in, coming in from a variety of IP addresses. I'm curious to know if others are having the same problem.

Spurious cookies perhaps? I will clear them and see what happens. EDIT: cleared all cookies related to the combine forum. No change.

Last edited by torriem; 05-23-2018 at 09:56 PM.
post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 11:00 PM

Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Barn
I can veiw attachments on smart phone and tablet but is forbidden on laptop.
torriem likes this.

Don't blame the baker when the butcher bakes the bread.
post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by torriem View Post
Like I said, all images attached to posts are not displaying for me. Firefox, Chrome, logged in or not. This topic has an image attached to the second post; I cannot see that. I get the forbidden error message when I do try to click on the blank spot where the thumbnail ought to be.

I haven't seen anyone else state they also have seen this problem on this forum. But it happens to me on multiple machines, different browsers, not logged in or logged in, coming in from a variety of IP addresses. I'm curious to know if others are having the same problem.

Spurious cookies perhaps? I will clear them and see what happens. EDIT: cleared all cookies related to the combine forum. No change.
Same problem for me.

torriem likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Combine Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page