The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going thru this 8010 found the clean grain elevator needs to be raised about 3/4-1" so to line up with clean grain trough at bottom anyone have some experience with adjusting position of elevator am going to 8010 now to investigate more any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
update on 8010 spent some moo-la on her she's in good shape loosen bolts on clean grain elevator moved up some but no real adj to talk about frame across machine under grain tank had a bow down took my hydro jack picked her up level bolted a 2x2 3/8 angle for support, everything seems to work fine except for signal and hazard lights have cleaned pin connectors with cleaner and app small amount of di electric grease still investigating yes bulbs are good any ideas would help

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got that found problem and cause,main flasher module in steering column, burnt hole in it, whoever had this machine had plugged the straw spreader position sensor into a rear light plugin and they installed a 30amp fuse where a 15amp went for hazard lights, I don't like troubleshooting electrical problems. On another matter with this machine I started harvesting rice Tuesday discovered the chopper & separator drive was slowing down hoped it would be belts but today separator shut down twice flashed an unknown code and commanded to shut down separator, played with plugin on valve & started back then later gave me low system pressure and said speedup motor motor was at full throttle, hydo got jerky like 4wd was kicking in & out, would like some ideas on these symptoms, I'm thinking separator clutches have come apart and contaminated PTO gearbox screens, on way back to shop tonight was watching system pressure it dropped to 140psi from 325psi then back up while hydro handle was acting up, would appreciate any help as we are finally getting some good cutting weather and would like to push this machine;)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Machines from that time frame were know to have control pressure issues. An internal hydraulic seal leak?

Edit. Do a Google search of " control pressure issues 8010 ". That will take you to many posts from this site and give you a starting point as to what you might be in for with a dealer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys, didn't take long this morning to find out 3 8010 combine owners showed up all with chopper drive clutch issues, tech there built like a orangutang long armed we had it out in an hour, said it wasn't discolored like they would if they burnt but when we took it apart friction plates were shattered clutch housing and gear base were bad ordered the clutch assembly kit , waiting on parts, went back to farm cleaned up PTO housing wasn't that bad, dropped sump screens were clean hope to be together by 1or 2pm tomorrow, don't know why they don't keep a rebuilt clutch there and do an exchange:rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bad day, received the 6 disc clutch pack this morning from Indianapolis, yesterday Case parts stated the 6disc clutch could be used in place of the 4 disc, WRONG!!! barrel on 6 disc won't let gear go down enough to instal snap ring and it can't reach one of the clutch disc, parts here called Case they were going to pull parts in Indianapolis and try to put them together checked all #s on gear and clutch assy their good so @ 3pm got parts to order 4 disc clutch in Dallas be here 8am will try this again anyone run into this problem, to me the 60 tooth gear would have to be machined different, probably won't try to upgrade again:mad: never heard from Indianapolis, probably still trying to mate those puppies:rolleyes:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
installed 4 disc clutch today she's doing good 292-300psi on system pressure while cutting rice @ 3mph only problem when I travel on road or in field with hydo handle fully forward pressure will drop as low as 160 or when I pull back on handle to slow down, with or without sep engaged, actually dangerous cause it feels like machine is in neutral then jumps in and out of gear going on the road:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.