The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant keep 06 Rad clean from chaff buildup. Replaced brushes, plugger perceived light holes....

Local dealer has a "kit"---2900.00 and 12 hrs labor to install. Says it includes 9 blade fan, new "oil cooler", clutch and miscl.
----Is the "oil cooler" a new radiator with larger fins to let trash move thru?

they couldn't tell me. but they could tell me it will take sheet metal removal etc to install.

Has anyone done a install with this update?

Gets old blowing out several times a day, and cant use water as the problems with the plastic fan as in other threads.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The update I put into my 06 was covered 1/2 ways by Case. Include the sheet metal work and oil cooler. I got no where near my money's worth out of the update. 8120 and newer 8010's cool better. Case should of updated every machine at their cost, because it was the worst cooling system of any machine I have ever owned. My update was done in 08.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
first off is rubber seal around fan good see yellow needs to be replaced, brgs for fan are they smooth, have installed another brg for fan support, when ya open cover to rad, there is a hole about three inches around is it there, if rad and coolers are dirty, wash, blow, many times, also have seen strip wear where seal foes to fan, can be replaced, alsogot fine screens or coarse on fan assy, scott.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We had to silicone up the whole rad box wherever it bolts together on our 04 8010 and again on our 08 8010 that solved our problem and the dealer is doing it to all 8010's with this problem. Why the factory doesn't do this????? I don't know but it is F***in annoying when our JD rotor runs all day and no issue at all with cooling or filters. They should dropkick that spreader system that throws the chaff up into the rad and put a real chopper out back to get all that Sh*t away from the combine.

·
Registered
152 Posts
got 04 and yes sorry you can update all you want but problem won't go away,
think the case boys want you to buy more yellow and green less work for them. Look at new ladder to reach engine platform , and please if you don't believe it go on and clime an a New Holland !!!!! (made in same plant go figure !!!!)
holy crap those New Holland R&D girls are awake ...........

·
Registered
423 Posts
telling us how good jd is will not help solve this mans problem .iI own both red and green last time i checked they both had parts counters.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The update on the cooler box done in 08 was to replace the door and screen to a metal one with a brush instead of the rubber seal and yellow wear strip. The oil cooler was replaced as well. Since this update never worked in 09 they came out with another update to make all tier 3 8010s (06-08) the same as the new 20 series combines. This included a complete cooler box with all new coolers and new metal work around engine. You way you can tell if a combine has this update done the engine shield will be red and their is no more door into engine compartment and has fixed ladder. We found this update to be solve most of the rad plugging issues. Unfortunately was not developed for the 04-05 tier 2 8010s.

·
Registered
106 Posts
If your dealer is any god d**n good and has any stroke with Case all these updates were done to new and pre-exisitng models with the old rad assembly and billed to the the company. Had 40+ 8010's with identical cooling problems in SE Sask. No more cooling problems.

·
Registered
508 Posts
there has been three or four updates through the 8010 s from when they were introduced the latest being the same as the 8120 but i though they where updated free of charge maybe not i dont own a 8010 but know of lots who have had cooling system updates

1 - 10 of 10 Posts