The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in peas-abit tough the tailings paddle wheel gets gummed up and starts to slow down-also the seives are on that same system- sometimes i take the plate off and combine- very few peas come out-do i just have to keep cleaning that passage out or is there a way to speed up the tailings paddle so it doesnt plug so easily-- seems to be mostly damp dust or dirt--plugs off going back up into the chaffer area- thks ray

·
Registered
258 Posts
Is it trying to plug where it re-enters the cleaning area, Precision cutting here makes a stainless discharge but it is re-directed strait out across the cleaning area, return doesn't have to make the turn to the front of the grain pan.

·
Premium Member
231 Posts
in peas-abit tough the tailings paddle wheel gets gummed up and starts to slow down-also the seives are on that same system- sometimes i take the plate off and combine- very few peas come out-do i just have to keep cleaning that passage out or is there a way to speed up the tailings paddle so it doesnt plug so easily-- seems to be mostly damp dust or dirt--plugs off going back up into the chaffer area- thks ray
We have the same issue in peas, with fines,green and snail guts blocking the returns chute.
The only solution I've found is to leave the rethrasher cover off and open the bottom sieve fully. The rotor does a good job threshing out peas so not many pods go through the returns system.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ray, need update on your 06-8010 control pressure fluctuation what was the cause and the fix, into my 05-8010 doing same as yours tried a lot of fixes no success would appreciate your help, thks Matt

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this last go round with control pressure issues we didnt have access to guages so i just replaced the control pressure sensor-we combined for about 5 hrs and then its been raining and snowing-everything seemed to work fine--last year the dealer ended up replacing the control pressure pump and hydrostatic pump before the combine moved properly-i had to rent a combine and used an old massey to harvest--this year ive done about 700 acres of canola and peas and for the most part everthing has been fine--some guys have been saying the loom will eat into the sensor wiring causing problemsbut im not sure what causes some of these sensors to have short lives

·
Registered
717 Posts
I always had the same problem with my 8010 that I used to have.
I just opened up by bottom sieve all the way and up the air and then opened my tailings cover. (Took it right off) If it set properly there should be basically nothing going in the tailings.

·
Premium Member
5,770 Posts
Just take the deflector shield off inside the machine where it deflects to the front of the sieve. Makes changing separating modules way easier too

·
Registered
258 Posts
took out the two control pressure valves in block not much to do cleaned and cleaned sensor my machine moves fine plenty of power with hydrostate, only when I move the handle the last 10% of travel with engine @ high idle will it act up control pressure jumping from 300-180psi, handle can be 100% forward except when @full throttle, I'm trying to understand this system why it would work fine except for the top 10-15% of travel in any gear, I'm starting to suspect the control pressure pump maybe not able to supply enough pressure at full load, but will try the sensor first, any other details would help

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
with mine it would work ok up to about 5mph in 3rd gear and then it would act like it was starved for oil-- they finally had to change the hydrostatic pump-- they initially changed the control pressure supply pump (the 300 psi part) but that didnt solve problem-- its abit over my head-- and obviously rocky mountain equipment because it took them 2 months of shop time to figure it out--

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
On our peas this year I had to clean the discharge opening out with a putty knife every other round. Got really annoying.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts