The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a 07 model and how are you getting along.

Local dealer has 5 of them out and so far not a single service call.

Just curious and 7010's for that matter.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Unbelievable....knock on wood!

A few smaller problems - had to change hyd rotory screen motor and one of the hyd spreader motors (small leaks); concave adjustment motor had to be changed; and we are still having to blow out our rad a couple times per day.
We have just under 200 sep hrs on 3 machines and all have been working great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
WELL,

We have 11 out.

Only issues would be the software in the Pro 600.

One broken oil line to the engine, BUT that was just a poorly crimped on end.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Westcoastjunkie they have a update on the rotary air screen to fix that problem. We had some guys that were blowing their radiators out a couple times a day in wheat. They were tha ones chopping the straw not bailing it. Seems that fine dust was getting in the radiators. CIH came out with a update to fix it. So far it is just the 06-07 models.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new monitor is awesome.. in the 2588 atleast..im pretty sure it and the 8010 is the same just a lil different.

u will love the color monitor.. so far its worked really good for me except

I did a calibration load in beans and went back later and when i chose crop type beans wasn't there

So i'll try it again...but i'll see if it will work this time.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:love to hear it the afs 600 is a complicated beast

I think it is the BEST to date (the 600). The problems we have encountered occur in corn the acre counter grows astronomically but there is an update in software out there for that. I love working with the 600, the load to task was a bit unnecessary in my opinion, and there is definitely A LOT of unneeded things there... BUT I know why they are there and am REALLY looking forward to the future of that monitor.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I agree the AFS600 is a far better monitor compared to the old UD+. You can at least read the new one and the three colour grain loss display works much better than the black bar graph.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Westcoastjunkie why did you have to change the concave adjustment motor? Did it quit working? I have been having trouble with my 7010 getting the concaves to stay where I set them. I haven't stopped to physically measure them when it moves on its own to see if its the readout or if they are actually moving, but I will have them set and one pass across the field and they will have moved. Not just a small amount either... it has moved from 7 to 5 before. This doesn't seem normal but I haven't called the dealer about it yet.

Other then that my Pro 600's touchscreen went dead as soon as I got it home. Put a new one in and its worked great. We really like it!

My mechanic called the other day wondering if our 7010 felt short on power... said they have a service bulletin or something about it. My seems fine but how the heck would i really know going from a 2388 to this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:My mechanic called the other day wondering if our 7010 felt short on power... said they have a service bulletin or something about it. My seems fine but how the heck would i really know going from a 2388 to this.

If you own a 7010 between Serial Range: HAJ200001 HAJ201042 (excluding a few) there is new ECU and CCM software that you dealer should have uploaded. From what I hear the power loss is quite noticeable.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Speaking of uneccesary.. I agree on the task/load name change being dumb

On your cut width in corn..The flip button needs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop makeing simple task so freaking complicated.

I eventually see what they were trying to do but give me a break..

every time i get in there now i want 5 rows on and 3 off instead its backwards...

Reset.....Flip.....then it works... all of that just to turn off 3 rows????

Stop changing stuff that works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
Quote:still cleaning the rad on 07 model ,sounds like the case crew is a bunch of arr.... a...s ,the solution is simple look at NH Cr series and just cut off everyting what's above platform , My buddy with his NH970has no problem at all , filling fuel is fun (beside the cost) we have to kick out a bale of straw first then fill up and have a shower and then replace fuel filter cause how can you do it without getting crap in your tank. starting to dislike my 8010 .

Did you see my post above concerning this?...............

Quote:Posted by Big A on Yesterday at 6:29pm
Westcoastjunkie they have a update on the rotary air screen to fix that problem. We had some guys that were blowing their radiators out a couple times a day in wheat. They were tha ones chopping the straw not bailing it. Seems that fine dust was getting in the radiators. CIH came out with a update to fix it. So far it is just the 06-07 models.

·
Registered
341 Posts
we are running a 7010 and have replaced the concave actuator motor it just would not move at all on 3rd day. also did software upgrade to solve the acre problem. we had the 600 screen in our 1250 planter last spring and knew right then this was going to be fantastic in the combine. the reason for task instead of load is the multiple other things done with moniter. been running mostly beans the last week and the dust has been terrible, plugging air and cab filters daily but no problems with radiator at all even with the south winds we have been having and running in N/S fields (a real pain to see). not sure if the excess dirt contributed to the problem but we did have the bearings on the lower drum in feeder house go out. has anyone else had this problem? Also, what is the best solution for keeping corn out of fan? we currently have the pre sieve closed and the lower at 20, top at 18 and have only done 20 acres since with no problem yet

·
Registered
152 Posts
still cleaning the rad on 07 model ,sounds like the case crew is a bunch of arr.... a...s ,the solution is simple look at NH Cr series and just cut off everyting what's above platform , My buddy with his NH970has no problem at all , filling fuel is fun (beside the cost) we have to kick out a bale of straw first then fill up and have a shower and then replace fuel filter cause how can you do it without getting crap in your tank. starting to dislike my 8010 .

·
Registered
104 Posts
We are still having to blow the rads out daily, sometimes 2 times per day - as far as I am aware there is no update for this - we have the update. We had serious problems (3-7 times per day) with our 06 models last year, so although frustrating it is a big improvement. Seems like a "mat" forms on the rad of bigger chaff.
Honestly I think the problem is the spreader/chopper. Why not go to the MAV from Redekopp? Sits far enough away from combine that it doesn't get a chance to get sucked into fan. If you watch the spreader, there is quite a bit that hits the tires, and goes straight up to fan from there....

We did replace the concave adjustment motor - just quite completely, then opened right up. If your having problems with it moving on you, I think you have other issues beyond the motor.

As for the Pro600 - takes a few days to get on to it, but she is a beautiful monitor!!! I found the task feature a little confusing, but makes sense when calibrating.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm sorry but I hate the caseih monitor. I want my insight back, the insight is way more user friendly. I think the insight is way further advanced.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:I'm sorry but I hate the caseih monitor. I want my insight back, the insight is way more user friendly. I think the insight is way further advanced.

Well, some reasons would be appreciated.

Otherwise it is just your opinion vs the people that like the 600, and I would rather know the "why's"

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I agree....

i have everything i need on one page...includeing changing my Farm field Task.

Cut width.. Not to mention it tells me 8 other things on the first page.

Even the month and time and date...

·
Super Moderator
4,010 Posts
Quote:still cleaning the rad on 07 model ,sounds like the case crew is a bunch of arr.... a...s ,the solution is simple look at NH Cr series and just cut off everyting what's above platform , My buddy with his NH970has no problem at all , filling fuel is fun (beside the cost) we have to kick out a bale of straw first then fill up and have a shower and then replace fuel filter cause how can you do it without getting crap in your tank. starting to dislike my 8010 .

CNH should walk across the hall and check out sister 07-CR 9070. Zero rad accumulation and the air filter hardly gets dusty let alone dirty. An excellent set-up. Not familiar with CR's but I think new set-up for 07.

Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts