The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started into next to last field of corn tonight, hit the 1 button to raise the head and it came up very slowly. So I shut the rotor off and tryed it manually and it would only raise with high throttle @ half the normal raise speed. Checked for leaks and oil level and everything was fine. Everything worked, no alarms or codes, just no normal raise speed. Combined to the end of the field and the main gear case pressure light came on, with the buzzer, then I noticed no power steering... Went and put on three new filters, now the head goes up and down normally but the light and buzzer for main gearcase pressure remain, also I have no power steering, fluid levels are good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the fact that my head would raise slowly at first, and after a filter change was unrelated. I guess what I'm asking is where does head raise gets it's pressure from?

·
Registered
94 Posts
There are three pumps connected together behind the hydro charge pump. The first one is for contour master, unloading auger swing, reel raise, etc... The middle pump is only for header raise, and the rear pump is the steering pump. Deere started the three pump design in the 60 series.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If pump number 3... the steering pump was failing, could that have caused the header to lift slow? This all happened in a matter of five minutes, from the time I noticed the slow header raise till I had the alarm and no power steering?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts