The Combine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The machine is a 7010 and yes that is a 252 receiver that we run auto pilot w/. Initially we were nervous about putting an auto pilot on the combine, but now we wouldn't be without it.
I think these combines would spread the residue over a 40' swath but I have no experience around that w/ only having a 36' head.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Actually you're half right on the spreading 40 ft. Being offset, the right side of the 36 ft. header is the same as the 40 ft model. So, if you're happy with the job it does on that side then you'd be happy with the 40 ft model.

I take it you run your guidance thru your pro 600 monitor. Who did the setup on it, you or your dealer? When you run the 36 ft. 2162 you need to program in an offset and I have a few questions on that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes we run the guidance thru the 600. I did the "fine tuning" on the guidance setup during the first days we started combining w/ it. It took longer than I wanted to get the results I was expecting from it.
The 36' 974 that we run is actually offset 1.5' or 2' to the right, I would have to look next time I am at the machine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
It does look like a MacDon draper in your pics, was it a better buy from MacDon than CIH or is it not the same as the CIH 2162 model?

You must have had more time or a better manual than me for your guidance setup.

·
Super Moderator
4,577 Posts
Quote:It does look like a MacDon draper in your pics, was it a better buy from MacDon than CIH or is it not the same as the CIH 2162 model?
They are list priced the same between dealers, just not between countries!

Don

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Actually, the reason we got the MacDon 974 was because at the time it was around $3000 cheaper than a CaseIH 2062. They are identical headers except for the tin pcs on the end, maybe the pricing difference at the time was programs. A MacDon FD70 is the same as a CaseIH 2162.
The grain cart is a hydraulic drive and holds around 750 bushels.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We are located in central ND and are happy w/ the hydraulic drive cart. We have straight combined the canola the last 2 years and swathed it every year before that. We have also lost more canola in the swath than we have by letting it stand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts