The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put the first 8 hours on the new machine yesterday and had a heck of a time with the feeder house chain bringing straw back over the top of the feeder house plugging of course every time. After a lot of troubleshooting I noticed the front drum is now completely exposed including the outer chains on the feeder house allowing material to build up on the chain-pain in my rear. I also noticed there is no longer a sprocket type setup on the front drum for the chain to ride on, just a piece of rod welded on both ends. Another piss poor design because my chain jumps over them.

Dealer put in a complaint in DTAC or however you spell it and we instantly got a call from the top dogs saying we need to buy this "special kit" that basically moves the drum back and lays a piece of tin in front of the outside chains to eliminate the problem-basically make it like a 06' machine. Why would they fix it if it wasn't broke? I was pissed, either warranty or the dealer is picking up this tab.

Any of you guys down south in wheat country experience this? They say it isn't much of an issue with draper heads because they feed more directly in the center of the feeder house. I don't have the kit number but I thought I'd mention this issue before you all go out and find you machine isn't ready.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've the same problem on my 9760. I've got a shelbourne stripper head on it didn't have much problem till my last 200 acres was stuck to the ground. The chain was jumping sprocket, making a popping noise and choking up the feeder house. I was thinking it was something to do with my stripper head. Is this kit going to be two plastic corner covers? Also did you have to buy the kit or did JD cover it?

Thanks

·
Registered
378 Posts
Typical JD line. The modification will have been made to cheapen up manufacture and JD retain more margin. The Customer or dealer will end up wearing the cost - no dout at all.

Jono

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Another Deere exclusive, buy a machine then buy kits to make it work the way it is supposed to.

·
Registered
139 Posts
HELLO Drybean, sorry to here you are having problems with your new machine. First off, sounds like the closure kits you are trying to get will more than likely get you nowhere, heres my thoughts , your feederhouse is delievering just fine, if it is back feeding over the top, that tells me that your feed accelerator is set wrong, we have set up 10 new machines this year , everyone is set on low speed, fix your feeding problem the rest will go away, the open design of the feeder house is a great idea. thanks deerfever.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
A typical corporate line is buy our product then by the kits to make it work right???

What in the heck kinda product are you selling..a computer???

Sure have this dell for 500 bucks oohhh im sorry you need to do this well here add this and this..and well you reall need this..No more 500 dollar computer now your at 1,000 easy

don't worry tho guy..we will throw in shipping and handeling lol

sorry....computer broke and its still kinda on my mind lol

Hope you get your problem fixed...good luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
The company that I work for supply free of charge updates ( not just fixes but updates ) to machines and cover labour during warranty period. Depending on the nature of the update if it is deemed to be required then they will cover these for well after the warranty period as well as labour. If not necessary then they offer these updates at just above cost price for the life of the machine.

Jono

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the dealer put in the kit today but the kit only came with half the parts. One of the plastic covers was missing so I had to limp it by another day. But it did run a lot better with just one side covered. I don't know who is paying for it but not us, period.

On another note yes my accelerater is set on high, not low. Open your book. Been there already when I was troublshooting the problem to begin with. Also, I doubt that would cause feeder chains jumping off track. By the way this is in 100 bu. wheat.

Thanks for all the replies.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Quote:Well the dealer put in the kit today but the kit only came with half the parts. One of the plastic covers was missing so I had to limp it by another day. But it did run a lot better with just one side covered. I don't know who is paying for it but not us, period.

On another note yes my accelerater is set on high, not low. Open your book. Been there already when I was troublshooting the problem to begin with. Also, I doubt that would cause feeder chains jumping off track. By the way this is in 100 bu. wheat.

Thanks for all the replies.

Great that part of the kit works, do not know why they did not come with the covers, i have looked at the sales manual, can not see that it can be order, really do not know.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I think it was just a fluke that it didn't come with all the parts. Another kit came this morning and I slapped on the other cover. Just like that everything worked fine. The chain does still run crooked from time to time but not creating problems. Never plugged today-first time in 22 sep. hours!

·
Registered
166 Posts
id make deere take the bill or tell them your gonna take your business to the dealer down the street if i was a bettin man the deere dealer would foot the bill just to keep your business rather that forfeit your business to the dealer down the street just my 2 cents

kiley

1 - 20 of 23 Posts