The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any major changes between 07 9070's and 2010 9070's? I am possibly trading 2 of the 07's and would like to think that I would be gaining some capacity as well as some other features.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Faster rotor speed, updated top feeder drive sprokets so they don't move over, you can get them now with adjustable vanes on the rotor covers to speed up crop flow. You can now also get them with some very agressive infeed jugs to help feeding in tough crops conditions. Also the feeder chains have been updated to prevent cracking. There are more i just cant remember them right now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The unloading spout is different if you have the 21ft unloading tube. In 2007 they came out with the spout that angled the grain out three feet instead of dropping it straight down. So the tube was missing the three foot extension. Most people hated that, especially unloading into trucks, grain carts were not that big of a deal because of the wider target. In 2009 they brought back the old unloading tube with the three foot extension and the spout that drops the grain straight down. If you order the 24ft unloading spout it has the three foot extension as well as the angled spout to achieve the 24 feet.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's too bad it has the same unloading tube end as the old 9070's, had to put jobber end on it to make it work properly. I would have thought that it would have been the first thing that was changed on the newer models. Does the faster rotor speed improve capacity noticibly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
They did change it. 18 ft tube with a 3 ft extension for a total of 21 ft with a spout that drops the grain straight down. If you need longer than 21 ft you get the 2007 spout added for a total distance of 24ft. The tube is still only 21 ft long. But it angles the grain out an aditional 3 ft. Does anyone manufacture a tube longer than 21ft?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.