The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are pictures from the rest of this year's harvest.

After cutting the wheat, we used the Summers heavy harrows and went over everything. It will help manage the crop residue for next spring planting.

This year we found the NH to be superior to the Deere in both canola and wheat. We just found out the dealer sold the 970 so we'll be getting a 9070 next year. For less money to boot. Way to go Canadian dollar. Now it is cheaper to bring in farm machinery from the U.S.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've only done two years on our lease so I don't think they'd like it too much if we broke it. We like the dealer in Drum and the combine isn't a dog but if they would sell it we'd take a 70 series too.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
36 ft. I understand there are some changes nothing major though. Air intake is different. Unloading auger spout. Engine computer control lets you choose either power bulge or constant power increase with no bulge for unloading. Also they have a large touch screen monitor too. Those are what come to mine, I've probably left out something.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Must be the lighting. We didn't have smut issues. There was some ergot but not really in that field. We will also get rust sometimes when the prevailing winds blow it in from the U.S.

·
Registered
356 Posts
ha...sorry bout that. We too have rust problems at times when the winds blow it in from the the south also. We are pretty lucky as we do not have a lot of desease problems in our wheat. Or at least nothing that is significant enough to worry about.

·
Registered
296 Posts
we have had some rain on our crops here in aussie that have made the straw go black we are making dust very similar to the above pics! might take a few snaps once we get mobile on wheat i have never seen this happen here before.
aussiefarmer

1 - 9 of 9 Posts