The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We bought a new 2388, same as 2588 in US I believe, for this harvest, trading in a 98 2388.
We had poblems obtaining a clean sample in wheat barley and canola. I feel the chaffspreading and new rubber curtains stifle and resrict the airflow over the seives compared to the old one.

We get much more chaff collecting on top of battery box and round returns elevator than on old combine as it is blown sideways through shakerholes.

We have changed it back to same as 98 and are getting really good sample but now no chaff spreader

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ditto on the bad sample. First time CIH owner and am totally disgusted with the sample on my 08 2588. Dealer tech says most guys would be happy with my sample. The only time we got a good sample was in ideal conditions which is like never. I had a couple of other guys tell me they have changed theirs back to old style also.
In canola it piles the sides of the chaffer up about 6 inches deep as there seems to be a lot of air with no place to go. The last wheat I thrashed was Durum that was about 70% hail damaged. I could not get it out of the head due to a lack of straw and have a bin full of about 30% white caps. If I closed the sieve to return the white caps I plugged the return. I think stuff is blowing down thru the chaffer as it can't get out the back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts